• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Paint for #41 Sebring Alpine

jdoclogan

Platinum Level Sponsor
Jerry,
Did you get an agreement with the Seacrest Green color? If so, what paint are you using? Just curious. I'm still sold on #22 Glasurit S/S...that stuff is like hardened power coating but it buffs out okay, if you apply it on properly. If you get orange peel...forget it...LoL!
Jan

Yes, I used a sample from Steve Alcala's #43 Sebring Alpine for the Seacrest Green (paint code 30). Matched it with PPG. PPG use to make a similar (#22 Glasurit) "rock hard" aircraft paint called Delta. I used Delta (matched with your Moonstone White sample - paint code 19) on the Promotional Le Mans that you can hit with a hammer (A story goes with this claim) and not mar or chip it. Very difficult to buff out after 72 hours. Until I discovered the value of Presta Gel Coat compound 2 years after applying the paint.

upload_2021-1-19_12-16-30.png