1. Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Dismiss Notice

Padded roll clips needed...

Discussion in 'Alpine Cars and Parts Wanted' started by bernd_st, Oct 24, 2021.

1. bernd_st

bernd_st Bronze Level Sponsor

Looking for 3 pcs. of the padded roll spring steel clips as shown on picture attached. Alternatively a used smooth padded roll will also do... IMG_0307.jpg

2. DanR

DanR Diamond Level Sponsor

What Sunbeam does it go to ?

3. bernd_st

Every late Series Alpine Sports. Padded roll under the soft top in the rear is being held with these clips...

Last edited: Oct 25, 2021
  4. 65sunbeam

65sunbeam SAOCA Membership Director Diamond Level Sponsor

Bernd-did you find a set of clips? I have three of them complete with original rivets!

5. bernd_st

No I didn't. Most people even don't know that they are existing. If you have 3 pcs let's follow up via PM...

6. bernd_st

Got' em. Thanks to Eric G. Perhaps I'll post the method of how I repaired my SV waist roll with torn out/rotted away spring clips later. Think it could be interesting for other members facing the same issue...

7. bernd_st

Hi all, this is just to let you know what happened with the spring clips respectively my waist roll repair:

View attachment 26190

IMG_20220515_210923.jpg

The replacement spring clips have been pop-up riveted to new "elephant skin" thick card board pieces and glued onto the waist roll cardboard remains. Looks and works great, I may post a picture of the car later...

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 15, 2022
  8. bernd_st

That's how the roll looks now:

IMG_20220522_094019.jpg

IMG_20220522_124627.jpg

Came out pretty well, thanks to Eric G. for the clips and Woolies in UK for the "elephant skin cardboard" ;-)

Last edited: May 22, 2022
    ernestovumbles and DanR like this.