• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Overdrive ID

alpine_64

Donation Time
OK,

I am in the process of rebuilding an OD trans i got from the UK a few years back. Came out of a SV that was written off, and i was told shifted perfectly when in the car. I figured should tear it down before installing it in the car..

Now.. all is good for once, OD and trans are like new. However when putting it back together a fellow club member noticed that it has a different teeth count to the ones listed in the WSM. Could this OD be off another rootes model?

OD has the SN:

25/3314/037974

from what i can tell from some research the first number is the % reduction of the final drive, the second set the type and third set the serial.

now alpines run a .803, so i am thinking should be 20/ as the first number, i notioce the rapier has 3314 listed in their OD column... any help ID'ing it?

the reason it matters is that it has a different amount of teeth on the speedo head and wheel than whats in the manual for alpines SI-IV.

Is Paul Norton still around?