• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Outer spoke and nipple for S1 wire wheel

DaveSeries1

Silver Level Sponsor
Looking for a outer spoke and nipple for a S1 13" wire wheel. About to get mine painted, and I'm missing one spoke. Can anyone help?

rixter

Gold Level Sponsor
I can't locate spokes I thought I had. I did find two nipples. I was wondering why I would have one without the other. Digging through old photos and Victoria British receipts jogged my memory. I replaced two broken spokes on a wire wheel and re-utilized the old nipples. This was one of the things Victoria British was good for. There are probably a pile of them over at Moss as they got the VB inventory and I've still not heard what became of that stuff.

I tried to hunt down a company to work on wire wheels as I was looking to get the wheels I had trued up. Not too many doing this service anymore. The one I found "near" me 100s of miles away in North Carolina could do it but any seized spoke they found and replaced could easily have racked up more cost than new wheels. So that is what I did... bought new wire wheels.... alas from Victoria British (see above).

Rick

DaveSeries1

Silver Level Sponsor
I can't locate spokes I thought I had. I did find two nipples. I was wondering why I would have one without the other. Digging through old photos and Victoria British receipts jogged my memory. I replaced two broken spokes on a wire wheel and re-utilized the old nipples. This was one of the things Victoria British was good for. There are probably a pile of them over at Moss as they got the VB inventory and I've still not heard what became of that stuff.

I tried to hunt down a company to work on wire wheels as I was looking to get the wheels I had trued up. Not too many doing this service anymore. The one I found "near" me 100s of miles away in North Carolina could do it but any seized spoke they found and replaced could easily have racked up more cost than new wheels. So that is what I did... bought new wire wheels.... alas from Victoria British (see above).

Rick
What company was that? I live in NC. Dave

Beamin

Platinum Level Sponsor
Many (30+) years ago I purchased replacement spokes from Dayton Wire Wheels. Daytonwirewheels.com. I just checked online. They are still in business and their website says they offer restoration services. Plus their catalogue lists new Sunbeam rims. Might be able to purchase replacements from them.

rixter

Gold Level Sponsor

Rick
FYI. Just heard back from Moss, who said with respect to the Victoria British acquired parts by them "The plans have still not been finalized." .. and to be remain patient.

Rick

Beamin

Platinum Level Sponsor
Did you ever locate replacement spokes? I was digging through the parts bins this morning looking for something completely unrelated and stumbled upon these. Didn’t even realize I still had them. I bought these over 30 years ago in a futile attempt to repair my stock wire wheels before I gave up and sent them off to be professionally rebuilt. PM me if you’re still in need.

Beamin

Platinum Level Sponsor
Forgot the picture….

Attachments

• 29F79E72-3A3D-485F-9267-6F6AB0BFE4B4.jpeg
    29F79E72-3A3D-485F-9267-6F6AB0BFE4B4.jpeg
    303.1 KB · Views: 16