• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

out she comes

napa 1

Donation Time
Lest you think that all we do out here in California is surf and play beach vollyball...here are some pictures of us pulling the engine out of the Le Mans yesterday. That's "Manifold Mike" Keller standing over the engine and Bill "the wrench" Atalla leaning over it. Contrary to the popular way of thinking, we split the engine and transmission, lifted the engine out and then easily slid the transmission out from under the car. (didn't really have the clearance to pull it out together). The engine is attached to it's stand awaiting further inspection.

atallamcs

Donation Time
Harrington Engine

Hey John,
That much California talent in one shop, must exceed a dozen midwest or east coast sunbeam mechanics--must be the sunshine. Of course they could probably have removed the engine and transmission faster than our 20 minutes. Next time we won't stop in the middle for a cappachino.
Bill

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
We are having great weather down here in the sunny South. Took my Harrington for a drive yesterday-hope you can get your car together soon to see just how nice a touring car they are. Is that Bill wearing the white gloves???
Eric

atallamcs

Donation Time
White Gloves

Hey Eric,
I drove my Harrington to Johns for the engine extraction. Will take it out again today before the rain hits tonight--and no, that is not me wearing the gloves. I have strategically hidden my face behind the lift.
Bill

napa 1

Donation Time
It's such an elegant car that white gloves seem appropriate, don't you think? I actually provided white shop coats with our names embroidered on them, but we're not wearing them in the photo. ;):p

Mark B

Donation Time
Be careful. Those cappachino stains can be difficult to get out of white coats!
Good stuff and great to see another Sunbeam getting some love.

Mark B