• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Ordering Rebel Harnesses

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hi all,

I have a couple of orders for the Rebel wiring harnesses and will be ordering them this week.
If you have been thinking of getting one, I can have it to you pretty quickly.

There was a price increase at the end of last year and my cost went up $5. There is supposed
to be a $10 retail increase, but for club members I'll hold it to cover my increase and still
provide free shipping. New cost is $285.00

Anyone interested, please PM me.

Cheers!
Steve

Last edited:

Jaars

Gold Level Sponsor
Steve, et all,
I have used these now in three cars: Tiger, Venezia and a series Land Rover. Mounted on a panel with the flasher and voltage stabilizer, extra relay. That makes it a nice condensed unit.
Hope this helps, Robert
IMG_0214.JPG Tiger left of steering column up high IMG_6945.JPG Land Rover left of steering column in dash El. Fuse Paanel.JPG Venezia in right footwell

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks Robert! I remember looking at your wiring and thinking that it was a really nice job!
Thanks again for the endorsement !
Cheers!
Steve

Silver Creek Sunbeam

Gold Level Sponsor
For anyone considering...I've just completed an install of one of these harnesses.

It took me a lot longer than it should have but it's one of those deals that would take a tenth of the time, second time around.
So, if you're already accustomed to this sort of thing, it will be a snap for you and if you're not...it's still very doable.

Perhaps the best thing about the whole deal is that a made a new friend in Steve (the seller). I've asked a hundred questions, not just about the wiring, and he's answered a hundred questions. Now we talk about other projects and the weather. Lol

Also, Paul A (Pete), original designer, is very willing and helpful.
He has an actual write up on the installation that I'm sure he will share if you ask.

I'm a traditionalist at heart but as I've mentioned here before, I'm not destined for the Concourse, however, I do have great admiration for those who have their cars at that level.

I want to end up with a really nice car that's fun to drive. This harness will help with that. My car had a wiring harness in it that must have come out of Frankenstein's lab it had so many splice jobs...and forget about color coding being correct in a lot of instances. I was tired of losing the whole car on the road to a blown fuse and after replacing many of the original electronics to no avail, I decided to go with the Rebel harness. I've only driven the car a couple of times since the install but so far, so good.

Also, if you're willing to 'modernize' a bit with the wiring harness...let me throw in a plug for Joe Parlanti's LED lighting system. My car is now LEDs throughout and I can see and be seen effortlessly at night now.

Anyway...sunalp = great guy and Rebel harness = great improvement.

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks Tod!
That's perhaps one of the best things about this club/forum...making new friends!!
I really appreciate the support!
Cheers!
Steve

loose_electron

Donation Time
As I have said several times before:

1) This is a great wiring harness setup that works well.
2) Add a 350A in line fuse at the positive post of the battery.
3) Add an in line fuse (30A? YMMV) between the battery feed that goes to the starter solenoid/relay and the wire that taps off of there to provide battery power to the ignition switch.

With those two fuses added into this system you got something that will never be dangerous or cause a fire.

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Ordering the harnesses tomorrow. I won't be ordering again until late next month.
Anyone thinking about getting a harness let me know.
Thanks!
Cheers!
Steve

737lindgren

Bronze Level Sponsor
For anyone considering...I've just completed an install of one of these harnesses.

It took me a lot longer than it should have but it's one of those deals that would take a tenth of the time, second time around.
So, if you're already accustomed to this sort of thing, it will be a snap for you and if you're not...it's still very doable.

Perhaps the best thing about the whole deal is that a made a new friend in Steve (the seller). I've asked a hundred questions, not just about the wiring, and he's answered a hundred questions. Now we talk about other projects and the weather. Lol

Also, Paul A (Pete), original designer, is very willing and helpful.
He has an actual write up on the installation that I'm sure he will share if you ask.

I'm a traditionalist at heart but as I've mentioned here before, I'm not destined for the Concourse, however, I do have great admiration for those who have their cars at that level.

I want to end up with a really nice car that's fun to drive. This harness will help with that. My car had a wiring harness in it that must have come out of Frankenstein's lab it had so many splice jobs...and forget about color coding being correct in a lot of instances. I was tired of losing the whole car on the road to a blown fuse and after replacing many of the original electronics to no avail, I decided to go with the Rebel harness. I've only driven the car a couple of times since the install but so far, so good.

Also, if you're willing to 'modernize' a bit with the wiring harness...let me throw in a plug for Joe Parlanti's LED lighting system. My car is now LEDs throughout and I can see and be seen effortlessly at night now.

Anyway...sunalp = great guy and Rebel harness = great improvement.

Tod do you have contact info on LED lighting\
Chris