• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Old/cheap tires wanted - NE Ohio

61Beamer

Donation Time
Hi, I've got my baby home until Steve in NY is ready to work on him. Two of the 4 tires won't hold air so I'm hoping to find some old tires just to use to roll him around. Anyone in NE Ohio have a couple of old tires laying around? I'm not sure the current rims are usable so I don't want to invest in new tires just yet. Thanks!

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Some Tire Shops would be glad to give you a set (matched or unmatched) to get rid of them. Probably mount too for a few dollars.

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
For rolling around purposes, any 13" tire that will fit on the rim should be fine. I think you will be looking at widths from 155 to 175 and aspect ratios 70, 75, or 80.

Mike

junkman

Gold Level Sponsor
I just bought 4 brand new 185/70 13 tires off Ebay for $189 delivered to my house. Discount Tire out of Texas. They are black walls but so what, for that money it's a no brainer!

mccormac98

Gold Level Sponsor
If you have original rims, you should be able to find something in R13 165/80 or R13 175/70. Not sure about other sizes. I know you are looking for used, but can get new tires in these sizes for around $40.

You might try auto wreckers - they sell used tires.

Good luck!
Bill

61Beamer

Donation Time
So I bought new - as suggested. I found whitewalls on sale for ~$50/tire on line at Simple Tire.

Tornel Classic P175/70R-13
Size: P175/70R-13
Part#: 10M53173

Free shipping and they coordinate mount and balance plus road hazard with a local shop.

Hope I like them! Thanks all!

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
If they are for just “rolling around”, I wouldn’t worry with anything except mounting.