• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Oil Filter

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Does any one remember the stubby oil filter that used an adaptor re standard to metric. I have the fitting for many years but ever used it. In time the oil filter is gone into hiding or it was used for another car.

If you know of this please help out

Thanks

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Hi Chuck
Here are a few recent ones Fram PH3512, Purolator FCO-101, Wix 51335, Mann W77, or you can do a cross reference search to find one that fits. Eric

Last edited:

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Chuck I compared sizes today-the Fram 3512 is too tall to fit. The other 3 would fit well. Good luck! Eric

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Hi Eric

I do appreciate that you would even check that out.

Haven't got around to doing it yet. Been busy. Took the Lister out yesterday.
We put a out 70 miles on. Car is running super.

Alpineracer8

Donation Time
Chuck:

If you haven't already figured this out, the NAPA 1335 Gold oil filter is a direct screw-on replacement onto the stock Ford oil filter lug on the side of the block. No metric adapter is needed. If I'm not mistaken, I believe that NAPA's oil filters are made by Wix. Just for grins, this filter fits the Renault R5, some Lotuses, and Gravely tractors (this factoid came from the parts counter man at our local NAPA store).

Take care,

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Wix

Is a good filter much better then most especially Fram , I've driven a Gravley:cool: