• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Oil feed pipe - Non return valve

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Can anybody please do me a favour and measure the diameter of that little steel ball sitting in the Non return valve. I'm talking about that chain oiler pipe sitting next to the timing gear. The steel ball is spring loaded. Just dropped the last one I had on my workshop floor and it disappeared. Arrgg.
Still have the spring though and just need that ball. Heard that Rick is selling these, but never tried...

Last edited:

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
Take your dialed calipers (or a drill bit) and measure the inside diameter of the oiler pipe? Then order some balls from McMaster-Carr!
Jan

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Great, thanks. That translates into 3/32" . Have ordered a pack of steel balls in that size. Will report back on the fit...