• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Oil cooler

Limey

Donation Time
I have found a British Co. that specs designs and makes one off and small batch oil coolers to any pattern; original part or drawing and make the sandwich plate for the oil filter as well.

I'd love to be able to offer a spot on accurate HLM / Early series oil cooler kit to all enthusiasts and outlets.

I imagine that the rounded end of the cooler might be tricky or costly. Everything else is pretty straight forward, even the sandwich plate and makers badge.

However without an original complete kit I can't even get a quote.:mad:

There must be someone out there in Alpine / Harrington land that can help me move this along. After all every original oil filter must be more or less ready for replacement by now??

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Were these used in Series cars as well as Harringtons? My S3 came with one that is almost the same as the ones posted, but not quite. To start with, it has 9 rows, while the others seem to have 10. Also, the ones Steve showed look like they have studs permanently attached to the brackets, while mine has bolt holes that match the aluminum brackets that also came with the S3. Finally, mine doesn't seem to have a Coventry Radiator label and there is no indication that there was every one.

Here are a few photos:

1001215a.jpg

1001214d.jpg

1001216.jpg

1001217s.jpg

Limey

Donation Time
Hi Jim,

As far as I understand (I could well be wrong so I welcome any correction), the Oil cooler kit found as standard on the Harrington was definitely offered as a Rootes accessory to Series I & II cars. Quite possibly also to Series III cars but I have no proof to that effect. Your brackets are aluminium and I am guessing that the originals would have been steel? It's possible yours is a good copy.

No Harm in that though.

All the best

Oliver