• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Officer Elections

Alpine Addict

Platinum Donor
Platinum Level Sponsor
Dear SAOCA members in accordance with the SAOCA by laws officer elections will be held later this year to transition power to the new officers at the beginning of 2012. The positions up for re-election are

President
Vice President
Secretary
Treasurer
Membership

A job description of each position in included in the club by laws posted on this site. This is a two year term. Please take the opportunity to step up and help the club for a two year term. In the past we have few people step up for these positions so please if you can help PM me or e-mail me at 62alpine@TX.rr.com XXX (remove XX).
This is the Sunbeam Alpine owners club it belongs to us all so please if you can help step up.
Steven Kirk
SAOCA President

Alpine Addict

Platinum Donor
Platinum Level Sponsor
After 2 weeks and over 100 views only one enquiry. Come on SAOCA members you can you better than this. This is your club the sunbeam alpine owners club please lets see some new people step up.

Thanks
Steve

dmich2

Donation Time
Steve. I just stumbled across your post. Actually didn't even know it was that time. I'm afraid I'm one of those who very seldom looks beloww the first section on the forum. You may have posted the elections there and I missed it, but if you didn't I might suggest doing so in each of the sections, or maybe a popup that could appear when you open the site, or mass email. I'm not throwing stones or complaining, just suggesting a more saturation of the notice.

All that said, I'm not throwing my hat in. This time. I think the present regime...:eek: oops, just kiddin, principal officers have done a heck of a job and after just two years most are just gitting the hang of it. I say keep it going if no one steps up and keep up the good work.

Thanks Steven, Steve, Jack,Chuck and Tom for two great years.

Dennis

Alpine Addict

Platinum Donor
Platinum Level Sponsor
Many thanks to the two who responded to my posting. Response however has been very dissapointing. :mad:

I am undecided as to standing for election as President. I was hoping that someone with a little more free time than myself would stand up for election for this Position. I would always be willing to help a new President.

Remember this is the Sunbeam Alpine Owners Club please step up and support it This is your club.

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
I wonder if there is a bigger problem holding folks back. The by laws require the President to be at a Governing Board meeting that takes place on Jan 1 of each even numbered year. While I would not be of much value to the club as a President, that requirement would be prevent me in any event. I neither have the resources or time (or interest in traveling at that time of year) to get to one. Seattle is not central to anything.
This club has been a wonderful to me and a god send for learning my car and meeting great people! So, if you would stand for President, I will stand for VP or Treasurer or both if needed. The only caveat is that Governing board meetings would have to be without me or by Go To Meeting.
The problem with any club like this is the founders are hard to replace in enthusiasm, knowledge and dedication but we do have to go on.

Alpine Addict

Platinum Donor
Platinum Level Sponsor
Tracy,
Thanks for standing up.

As far as the Governing Board Meetings, these do not take place anymore. The original founders were located in Ohio making this possible however as time moves on the officers are becoming more geographically diversed. Communication between officers is mostly by e-mail.

Thanks
Steve

Alpine Addict

Platinum Donor
Platinum Level Sponsor
I have not made a decision as to whether or not I will be re-running for the Presidents position. I would however like some competition. Please anyone who may be considering this position contact me.

Thanks
Steve

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Ive gotten a lot from this club. Unless a more qualified candidate steps forward, I'll run for VP.

Alpine Addict

Platinum Donor
Platinum Level Sponsor
Response for new officers has been very dissapointing. :mad:

This club needs you!!!!

Remember this is the Sunbeam Alpine Owners Club please step up and support it This is your club.

At the end of the year my term as President ends and I will step down. I do not have the time to manage and take this club where I would like to. I love the SAOCA plus my Sunbeams and will always support the club.

Please there has to be qualified members who can become officers. If suitable candidates do not come forward i may have to explore other options?