• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Officer Elections - candidates needed!

sunbby

Past SAOCA President
Donation Time
The current officer terms are coming to an end and it’s time for our regular elections. All offices are on the ballot: President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary and Membership Officer.

We need to start identifying a candidate list for the end of year elections. The voting will likely take place in November/December.

If you're interested in running for office or nominating a candidate please speak up.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
I would withdraw should Todd decide to go for a third run. My intent is to continue serving SAOCA where I can.

sunbby

Past SAOCA President
Donation Time
You didn't miss anything, 2 terms for me has been enough. Unfortunately I just don't have the time needed to do the office justice and also need a break.

We need candidates for all of the offices! I realize the elections are some months away, but I'm a bit concerned. Last time around basically no one stepped up and the incumbents agreed to soldier on. I don't think that will be an option this time, at least not for all offices.

I'm copying this thread to the General SAOCA discussion because more people will see it (only dues paying donors see the Members forum. Technically, only dues paying members get a vote, but I'm not sure that's a requirement for running (and I know my due are past due :eek:)

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
thanks for your service and dedication to SAOCA, Todd. I have appreciated it.

I will volunteer to run for Vice President.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Getting the votes....

Paul A ( Pete), Hope my endorsement doesn't hurt you;)... But you have my VOTE!

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
I would like to pass on the Treasurer job if possible. I just have not had the time to participate. Nuts, I have no suspension on my car and can't even find time to work on it especially during the best summer we have had in decades.
The money is in good order so a transfer should be pretty easy.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
A suggestion....

Perhaps posting the "Duties" of Office would enlighten some members?

DanR

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
Good suggestion:

Duties of the Treasurer: The Treasurer shall receive all monies of the SAOCA including membership dues and deposit them in the organization’s bank account. The Treasurer will have direct control over all payments of debts and obligations. He/She shall give a quarterly report to the other club officers, as to the financial affairs of the SAOCA. The Treasurer will forward a list of new members to the Membership Director.

See also on the main page the By Laws

In practice, the first two sentences are what the main duties are. With PayPal, Membership payments are pretty automatic and Membership takes care of most of that.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Vice President: ideally?

1-Stands around hoping nothing happens to the President
2-Once the Treasurer reports a member has paid his dues and advises Membership, the VP should update the member's level on the site.
3-Solicits membership for calendar entries. Screens them and presents to the Board who decides which to use.
4-Attends Board Meetings. Last few years we have been doing them via Skype.
5-Voting member.
6-Needs to be involved in updating SAOCA website/forum.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Speaking of "update"....

I still haven't been upgraded since I last paid my dues;)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Vice President: ideally?

1-Stands around hoping nothing happens to the President
2-Once the Treasurer reports a member has paid his dues and advises Membership, the VP should update the member's level on the site.
3-Solicits membership for calendar entries. Screens them and presents to the Board who decides which to use.
4-Attends Board Meetings. Last few years we have been doing them via Skype.
5-Voting member.
6-Needs to be involved in updating SAOCA website/forum.

sunbby

Past SAOCA President
Donation Time
The By-Laws have not been updated since they were originally written, and the club has changed a little since then, so they could probably use an update. But it will give a general idea of the duties.
http://www.sunbeamalpine.org/index.php?categoryid=88

Here are a few good posts from a previous election season, where Scott and Rich outlined some duties:

http://www.sunbeamalpine.org/forum/showpost.php?p=86922&postcount=6

http://www.sunbeamalpine.org/forum/showpost.php?p=86854&postcount=4

Lately, the majority of the work is with the Treasurer and Membership Director, dealing with donations/expenses and Donor packages. Certainly I have been a bit lax in my duties and we have not had enough board meetings to discuss issues. Also the Prez and VP are usually involved in trying to get the annual Invasion going; ideally supporting a volunteer Invasion host or committee. Depending on the hosts they may need more or less help.

We really need some candidates. In reality it is not all that much work to do the minimum required, but it would be nice to find candidates with some motivation to improve the club.

If someone is interested in more details or wants to discuss more specifics just let us know.

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
Membership Officer Duties

This is the fun job
Accept pay-pal payments, send supporters e-mail thanking them for their donation and asking/confirming mailing address and forum name
Keep roster of members in excel format, update when a new member (supporter) donates, update when an existing members renews their support.
In the past we've had a member volunteer with vast graphics experience set up the calendar and posters, last year however the membership officer gathered photos from the VP and went to the printers to have our mailers set up and printed, also had the window statics printed from another source.
Mail letters of thanks along with club calendars, posters, statics to members that have donated.
Support members by helping answer question and concerns that they may have.
I've met quite a lot of folks through short e-mails and brief exchanges of thoughts and ideas, it is kinda fun but I've been doing it since about 2010-2011 and I think it's time to let someone else have the experience.
Tom j

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Dan,

I'm doing the updates right now and what I'm seeing is Platinum in the records and Platinum by your forum name. What am I missing? PK me or send me an email or post here so I can get everyone current.

I will have a list of the members names I can't find Forum names for later today. Please check this and pm me with your forum name and I'll get you updated this weekend.

I still haven't been upgraded since I last paid my dues;)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Last time I made the Diamond contribution.

I am happy with the SAOCA Club and their works so having a few extra dollars I upgraded my support for the Diamond from Platinum. Paid thru PayPal as usual.

Thanks Nick!

Wish you well as the new President too!

DanR

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
opps ! sorry Dan my bad reported you as a platinum, should be fixed in a few days

Tom j