• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

OEM Tiger Mark 1A Carburetor

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
I had a really ugly core one laying around someplace.
I know I've got the manifold around I was using it for trailer tongue weight

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
Autolite 2100 2bbl on the cast iron lowrise 2bbl ford manifold and the heated spacer.

Hi Michael. Is there a part number for the Autolite 2100. All of the new ones for sale say they are for the 289. None say they fit the 260. And what is a heated spacer?

Rick

absunbeam

Platinum Level Sponsor
Rick-they will fit a 260 (same carb). The heat spacer is an 1” thick aluminum plate with heater hose would pass through to heat the gas for winter operation. Do not need to run the hoses through it, since most don’t run in winter not needed.

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
Rick, the original carburetor is an Autolite C4DF. Many dealers had to replace those (and sometimes the manifolds too) with later models to correct accelerator pump issues. A carb intended for a 260 would have a bore diameter of 1 7/16" like the 289, but will have venturi diameter of 1.01. This number is cast into, and should be visible on drivers side of the fuel bowl.

A headed spacer is the hollow spacer plate between the carb and the manifold. Hot water from the engine is piped through the plate.

Hi Pete.
Is there a consensus on which carburetor is best to run on a Tiger driver? There is an Edelbrock on it now.
Rick

alpine_64

Donation Time
Rick,

Do you have a 2bbl or 4bbl on it now?
Is the engine stock..260 289 other?
The factory upgrade was the edelbrock f4b 4bbl intake and holley 465.
If you have a stock motor 260 or 289 and fit a modern 4bbl intake ( low or mid rise to avoid clearance issues) or buy a repro LAT monaifold or SH f4b and run an edelbrock 500 it will be fine.

If 2bbl... I belive there are several 2bbl edelbrock, cartet and motocrafts that work... But i know little about those.

Also you are provably better off asking on CAT forum .. ;)

Barry

Diamond Level Sponsor
With only 164 Gross HP (maybe 150 Net HP), a stock 260 certainly does not need more than 300 CFM (@ 1/2" Hg). Will a bigger carb work? Probably. Will a bigger carb work well? Maybe. Will a bigger carb make more HP? Doubtful.

Remember to multiply 2-barrel CFM ratings by 0.707 to compare to 4-barrel CFM ratings. A 500 CFM 2-barrel carb only flows about 350 CFM when tested the same way as a 4-barrel carb.

Last edited: