• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

October Calendar picture

phyrman

SAOCA Secretary
Diamond Level Sponsor
The picture in this years Calendar is of a 1959 Hillman Husky, the forebearer of our beloved Alpines and Tigers. Year ago I purchased it from the father of one of my co-workers, we was asking $80 and his son talked him down to $50!!! Originally green/white with red interior now ablaze with yellow/white with tan interior. I removed the Hillamn drive train and installed a ser5 drive train. Removed the 8 gal fuel tank and modified a ser2 tank and installed. When a Tiger landed into my garage, I had to sell this and she went up to Bakersfield where Larry Young finished the paint and interior and added the roof rack. A few years later, I traded a (wish I was able to keep it!!!) Harrington LeMans Alpine. I put the original steel wheels back on and installed the Moon Discs on the rims. A very petit female Firefighter I worked with gave me the small surf board to add to the car. After a few years, Rob Guerra really really wanted the car, so a trade for a pile of cash and a running ser5 and the deal was done. Wish I had room for all my old cars!

Bruce

Attachments

• 59 Husky.jpg
    59 Husky.jpg
    327.6 KB · Views: 37

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
I have our calendar hung up in my office. Your Husky has garnered the most comments so far this year.

There's one in Eastern Washington I've been trying to beg/buy/steal for several years.