• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Now this is an interesting find...

Sownman

Donation Time
Well if it doesn't get bid up high I'll pick it up. I work in the movie biz in Hollywood so getting a telecine and burning DVD's would not be much trouble.

Steve

tony perrett

Gold Level Sponsor
It is essential that this important Archive comes into the public domain. Would it be possible for the SAOCA to contact the seller before a bid is placed to try to negotiate a Buy It Now price? Members may be prepared to pledge money up-front in anticipation of being able to buy a DVD at some time in the future, thus ensuring that sufficient funds are available to allow us to make a substantial bid.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Go for it, Steve. I have no intention of bidding, and hopefully nobody else here will either... then you can make DVD's for us and we'll buy them for cost plus a little for your trouble. Fair enough?

Also, that same seller has two other Rootes videos for sale, too. Might combine all into one?

Tullamore

Donation Time
It is essential that this important Archive comes into the public domain. Would it be possible for the SAOCA to contact the seller before a bid is placed to try to negotiate a Buy It Now price? Members may be prepared to pledge money up-front in anticipation of being able to buy a DVD at some time in the future, thus ensuring that sufficient funds are available to allow us to make a substantial bid.

The last time a set of important artifacts came up and we all decided to let one person bid on them, that person failed when several of us would have bid higher and probably won if we had been bidding. I think it is best to let the auction go and hopefully one of us will come away with it.

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
Interesting find ...

Is anyone in the SAOCA bidding on this? I don't want to bid against someone in the Assn. Please let me know. Thanks.

Rick Guest
1960 Series 1
1967 Series 5

65beam

Donation Time
interesting find

some of us that collect sunbeam items probably have bid and are watching the auction .

66Tiger

Donation Time
The winner should copy it...then ship it off to the Rootes Archive Centre in the U.K. It's a shame to think it will end up in someone's closet...

Just my 2 cents,
Paul

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
Now this is an interesting find ...

I see the film sold for $330.00. Did one of us buy it? Please let us know so that we can get our orders in for a DVD! Thanks.

Rick Guest
1960 Series 1
1967 Series 5

Sownman

Donation Time
One member here who has not identified himself, so I won't, bid on the Alpine
film but was outbid last second. I bid on the other two and was also outbid last second. He and I had discussed this in advance and planned to get all three films together on DVD. I hope it still happens but it won't be done by me. The three films went for $581

We tried.

Steve

sunbeammadd

Donation Time
I've got a copy of that film on VHS. The tape is marked copyright of the Association of Rootes Car Clubs 1990 and was made by PS Video Productions.

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
All - I was the seller, and all three films went to a private individual, ironically nearby in Dayton, Ohio. He's a film maker and interested in "orphan" cars. He bought all three to begin his collection of British orphans. What he plans on doing with them is still unknown. Here's his website: www.torq-o.com.

He'll be picking them up this week.

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
Scott,
Pass on his name & number to me and I'll try to hook up with him and follow up on possible DVDs.
Jan