• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Now I'm in for it.

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
For some time I had been casually looking for a series 5 to do a v6 conversion on. I was looking about on ebay recently and saw a 5 that someone had started a v8 conversion on. The firewall and trans tunnel work looked OK in the pics I got so I put in a low bid and won the auction. Now I need to transport the car from Virginia to Iowa and see what I have actually gotten. Wish me luck. Oh, and I will never try to pass this off as a Tiger.

Last edited:

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Aladin, Just what all did you get with the SV? Any Pictures available?

Maybe you can provide some for the rest of us Modified Guys

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
I got a complete car stripped down in primer. (hopefully all the trim parts and pieces make it to me ) I know it will take some body work before it is ready to paint, despite what the seller says. The fire wall and trans tunnel have been moded to allow a 302 with headers be installed. It comes with a 302 out of a late 80s mustang GT. It is mated to an auto trans that I will likley replace with a T5. It comes with seat frames, but pretty much needs a full interior. I will post some pics once I get the car. I am still working on getting it delivered. Failing that, I will drive out to Virginia after Christmas and haul it back. I am too busy with work to go get it until then.

Oh, and it has a set of 14x6 panasport minilites new in the boxes.

Last edited:

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
Here are a few of the sellers pics.

Auto trans prior to new tunnel install.

s-l1600.png

With new trans tunnel.
s-l500.png

Trunk
s-l1600.png

Engine bay. Evidently while switching distributors.

s-l1600.png

With a hood scoop

s-l1600.png

One more engine bay. It will have a new aluminum radiator as well, not pictured.

s-l1600.png

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks for the PIC's....Wish you well with your Project! Lots of Guys here will most likely be offering ideas and suggestions including any help too!

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Make sure you re install the Firewall to fender braces!! They are a necessary ingredient for the structure!

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
Yes, I was already looking for the braces in the picture of the pile of loose parts and I do see them.

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
I may give the auto a try, but I have always been of the opinion a sports car should have a stick. Right or wrong.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Spring supports on the crossmember..... Recommend you make contact with Tiger Tom and some other Tiger experts of some of their recommendations.