• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

November Calendar Picture

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Imagine my surprise when I opened my ( then) new SAOCA calendar and saw this car on it! This
is one of the two Humbers in my possession and this one was the parts car! I found this one sitting
under pine trees in Pennsylvania. It's a right hand drive car and it had all the missing parts needed to
finish the one that's been in the shop for the last few years. The car had all the stainless window trim
that was missing for the windshield and back window, and had just about perfect glass! It had the correct
dash ( the other one had an earlier dash) and even though it was right hand drive, it gave me a pattern to
make the correct Series IV dash. It had all the missing interior bits and also came with an overdrive
trans which the "good" car didn't have. The owner of the car being restored was just over the moon
as these cars , and their parts, are hard to find.

Here are a few shots of the one that will be finished over the winter.

Cheers!
Steve

Attachments

• IMG_1476.JPG
    IMG_1476.JPG
    117 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1478.JPG
    IMG_1478.JPG
    118.4 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_1479.JPG
    IMG_1479.JPG
    121.1 KB · Views: 50

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks for posting the "rest of the story" Steve! I like the as found photos and now every time I look at the calendar photo this month I will imagine a shiny red Humber Super Snipe. Eric

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Agree with Eric! And I believe that old truck in the background is a '50 -'51 Dodge ? That reminds me of my 1st on the road "Official" driving vehicle. Dad owned and let me drive....Blue body and Black fenders

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Dan,
You're close, it's a '54. Was a complete mess when it got here. The owner actually drove it here, well
almost. He threw two rod bearings about five miles from here and got flat bedded the rest of the way.
When I took it apart, there was little to no brake fluid in it and so much of the wiring was frayed it was
a miracle he didn't blow up!

Going to be dark green either tomorrow or Friday, with a black bed , running boards and rear fenders.
Also to be finished over the winter.