• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

NOS chrome tail pipe??

65beam

Donation Time
I also have a New Chrome piece like you POSTED... connected to the Muffler with the chrome from the muffler to the end of the pipe (angle end too).
Dan,
I think Tiger Tom had these chrome tail pipes reproduced back in the 80's. He bought all the inventory of the east coast Rootes parts warehouse and he had originals to use as a pattern I have a couple of these and the round mufflers that went with the tail pipe. The series 4 has this set up on it.

65beam

Donation Time
It looks like an old cherry bomb glass pack
Gordon,
There was a LeMans that was originally a moonstone color and later painted silver that was in the Silver Spring ,Md area. Wally knew it from being around the dealer and later told me it was raced for a time. He told me where to look for a fender repair and other things which were where he said. The car is talked about by the owner in a 1979 TE/AE Rootes review. We own that car and Wally was going strong in the 80's when we bought it so I have no reason to doubt what he said. He gave me a hard time because Doug found the car about a mile from Wally's house. Many may not know who Wally was or what his job was for Sunbeam but do you remember anything about the car? Jeans idea is to restore it to look like a vintage race car.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Wonder how I happened to get one? Found it is some stuff in an Asure Blue '67 SV Alpine I bought from a gent in Tennessee, that bought it from a fellow ( in Fairborn, OH ) that bought it from a Lady ( in Springfield, OH ).

65beam

Donation Time
Dan,
Fairborn is just down the road from the old Tiger Auto shop before Doug moved to Bellbrook. The shop was maybe a mile west of the Air Force Museum. Springfield is just a few miles away. Remember that Tiger was well known and sold parts. They had Orphan Auto in the west end of the building. They may have sold it and the rest is history.

Gordon Holsinger

Diamond Level Sponsor
Gordon,
There was a LeMans that was originally a moonstone color and later painted silver that was in the Silver Spring ,Md area. Wally knew it from being around the dealer and later told me it was raced for a time. He told me where to look for a fender repair and other things which were where he said. The car is talked about by the owner in a 1979 TE/AE Rootes review. We own that car and Wally was going strong in the 80's when we bought it so I have no reason to doubt what he said. He gave me a hard time because Doug found the car about a mile from Wally's house. Many may not know who Wally was or what his job was for Sunbeam but do you remember anything about the car? Jeans idea is to restore it to look like a vintage race car.
Bob, I don’t remember much about the car other than I did a couple of things on the car. It was the first HLM I got to look at up close.

65beam

Donation Time
Bob, I don’t remember much about the car other than I did a couple of things on the car. It was the first HLM I got to look at up close.
I'm not talking about the red car. The moonstone was another car that was owned by two brothers close by to Wally's. Wally knew the car but never owned it.