• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Norcross,Ga Sept 6th

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
Hey Folks,
Labor Day is just around the corner and the weekend after that is the British Car Fayre in Old Town Norcross. Everyone in the area is invited to come out and join in, our Sunbeam numbers have been growing slowly but steadily for a few years now, we all know there's quite a few Sunbeams in this area (the Southeast) so why not fire 'em up dust 'em off and come on down to Norcross ? After the show we're heading back the the ranch (5 miles) for some BBQ and Sunbeam fellowship.

Tom j

http://atlantabritishcarfayre.com

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
I'll be there.

About 15 Tigers will be examined at the show for authenticity. Folks are driving, trailering, and just getting them there from all over for the first "TAC" certification in our area.

Two senior inspectors are flying in from the West coast and will be joined by myself, Bill Bulpit, John Kennealy and Pat Deschner.

Hopefully the organizers will honor our relatively small space this year and not turn a blind eye to other marques poaching.

This has evolved into a sizable show and otherwise seems well run.

Alpine66

Donation Time
I'm planning to be there, but likely will be on my motorcycle as my pine is still under construction....

Down with the poachers! I'll bring some goons lol...

Green67Alpine

Platinum Level Sponsor
About a week to go, 10 Tigers pre-registered, with from what I'm told 2-3 on trailers plus another 5 or so Alpines, if the Hillmans show up we'll have about the magic number of 20 Sunbeams.
Come on over join in.
Tom j

sd_pace

Donation Time
I would like to see a few Hillmans... I think I will make a poster of my alpine and put it on an easel so it can be there in spirt :D
SP

Greggers

SAOCA Vice President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Steve, your car will be there in more than spirit. It'll be there in former engine and transmission.

Alpine66

Donation Time
Anyone going to be there when it starts? I will go to the show and then onto the pull apart that's on Buford highway to get some steering wheel assembly electrical connectors, seats, and other stuff too.

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
Anyone going to be there when it starts? I will go to the show and then onto the pull apart that's on Buford highway to get some steering wheel assembly electrical connectors, seats, and other stuff too.

I'll be there around 8:00.

Green67Alpine

Platinum Level Sponsor
Two days to go, weather should be very pleasant, BBQ will be very good
Come on join us.
Tom j

Alpine66

Donation Time
Ugh my reply went poof.

Weather still looks good and I'm still on for 9ish. Think it will be a good time.

I look forward to seeing anyone from the forum there, know what Dan and Greggers look like but for the rest of you I'm just going to hold a big sign with SAOCA on it....

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks for the great PIC's.

Sorry I missed you! I Pre-registered and thought they would have a place for me even thought I was a bit later than planned getting there. Lots of heavy traffic around the area.

Saw a lot of great cars ( Mostly Sunbeams);)

My thanks to Tom J and wife for and enjoyable afternoon at their place. Best Ribs I've had in a while.

Met All the Wonderful people at the Johnson's.

Had an uneventful trip to the Big City (near by). My Commodore Blue ran great the entire trip. Enjoyed the A/C especially later during the day when it was a bit too hot for the HardTop.

When I departed TJ's it was not long before I ran into a heavy down pour. Only one small leak around the fresh air intake drivers side. Stopped several times for refreshments and made it home in the three hours allotted for driving.

My best of wishes to all,

Green67Alpine

Platinum Level Sponsor
Good time was had by all (I hope), personally have never seen so many tigers together, wonder why those folks don't come out and join in with the rest of us ? Oh well all you can do is send out an invite.

On another note, HUGE THANKS to SDPace and greggers who after some plying with BBQ and beverages(not really,they were determined) got down and dirty and re-tuned my car, she's running really well now.Again THANKS.

Tom j

Greggers

SAOCA Vice President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Tom, you'd be surprised by what I'd do for some good BBQ.

I'm glad we could help get you back humming along on all four cylinders. And here's hoping that the tweaking/sweetening process goes swimmingly well.