• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Non Le mans wanted

Limey

Donation Time
Hi,

I am putting feelers out for a non Le Mans Harrington, any condition; bad to beautiful. If anyone can point me to a preferably UK vehicle i woiuld behappy to pay a finders commision. I am planning my next 5 year resto project and this is where I want to go.

Drop me line even if its a good gossip.

many thanks

Oliver

alpine_64

Donation Time
There was a restored light blue A type harrington for sale in sweeden (i think) it came up for sale last year.. its on ians harrington website in the for sale section. ;)

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
What a coincidence, I'm restoring a series I Harrington right now (NOT FOR SALE, however)
Jan
ser_I_harrington.jpg

65beam

Donation Time
non lemans

jan,
does dave plan to race it or just drive it ? by the way,you didn't show up saturday. you missed all the food and drinks at doug's after the show. we had all kinds of cars show up at the shop, including an old VW bug.

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
I hope that someday a "Harrington with fins" follows me home!
Thanks to Ian for letting me drive his before it went down under. Eric

Limey

Donation Time
Thanks,

I have emailed the owner this morning through the classified site. The mobile number listed did not connect. Do you know the seller? Is it still for sale?

I hope he replies as this is exactly what I want. Long restorations are my preference anyway.

Many thanks for this help!

Oliver

Limey

Donation Time
I have more pics if you like.[/QUOTE said:
Thanks Jan. Please email me the pics. I am like a kid on christmas eve! I Want It!:D

I am sure it is likely in a poor condition and at the price am not expecting anything better. Can you tell me a little bit more about the car?

Many thanks

Oliver

Harrington Jan

Donation Time
Hi Oliver,
I suggest we leave the Forum, send me a PM or contact me via the Harrington site with your email address and we continue from there. I know the owner.

Limey

Donation Time
Dulce et decorum est pro Alpina penuri (geddit?)

Thanks for all your help and good advice, Unfortunately no one told me not to so I'm going to see the Harrington basket case on Saturday. A plus point is that they are 99% Series II. I understand those (should do by now).

Biggest plus in all this is that you Harrington crowd are obviously the Ninjas of the Alpine world :cool::D Tigers, shmigers.:p Abominations in the sight of the Lord etc.

I had a bit of a conflict going on but I'm over it now . I have a daily driver Series II and a very rare (one of a kind?) Ashley hard top (Boot and rear glass open as one like a modern hatch back) and it would give me a car with identical good looks (and just as hard to do) as this HA. But I have always wanted a Harrington with fins and because I'l be dead and cold before I get my hands on a C or D Series I might as well take a punt on this jigsaw.

Well, Sunday will see if I have 3 projects on the go or 2. Looks like the TVR and the speed boat might have to go:( Well, I bought them before I saw the light and I won't miss them truth be told.

I'll take photos of the cantilever boot for info either way.

Wish me luck because it's too late for common sense

Oliver

Limey

Donation Time
Hi Jan,

Can you advise on re bonding the roof to the body? That's an area I will need help on

Oliver

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
The Lemans is the only Harrington (I'm not sure of the C & D models) where the top is epoxy & bolted to the metal body. All the others are bolted on.
Jan

Limey

Donation Time
The Lemans is the only Harrington (I'm not sure of the C & D models) where the top is epoxy & bolted to the metal body. All the others are bolted on.
Jan

Good, That makes it a bit easier. It has a donor body as the original was scrapped by a PO. I understand that all the relevent parts (doors etc) have been kept.

Can you advise what work needs to be done to the rear body of the donor to make it as per Harrington. Any photos would be much appreciated from anybody.

Many thanks!

Oliver

alpine_64

Donation Time
Good, That makes it a bit easier. It has a donor body as the original was scrapped by a PO. I understand that all the relevent parts (doors etc) have been kept.

Can you advise what work needs to be done to the rear body of the donor to make it as per Harrington. Any photos would be much appreciated from anybody.

Many thanks!

Oliver

If you search the site Ian spencer had some pics of his light blue A type with the roof off while he was working on it.. they were VERY interesting pics.

John Boggis

Donation Time
Oliver, don't you think you should finish one car before starting another ?
And where is my chocolate bar !!!!!!:mad:

Limey

Donation Time
A man can't have too many projects on the go.

You where looking a bit chubby in that shot of you and that Gullwing Merc you borrowed so I thought it in your best interests to eat the choce myself:p

I bought some modern Servo pipe with one stripe with you in mind but on reflection you'll be wanting the real thing?

Speak soon and I may relent and send the chocs later

All the best

Oliver