• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

No Reserve SV on BAT

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
A potentially nice, no reserve, SV just popped up on Bring A Trailer and immdiately got a strong starting bid of $9,000. https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1966-sunbeam-alpine-20/. It has a few of the usual restoration shortcuts that drive many crazy, but he car looks like it could be very nice and the photos of the trunk floor suggest it is reasonably rust free. Still, I'd want to see more underside photos before bidding. It will be an interesting auction to watch.

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
I agree, nice looking car, with a few exceptions easily fixed. Considering how long the auction has to run it's doing very
nicely. Good comments too!
Almost a twin to one I restored a few years back.
I'll be watching this one.

jdoclogan

Platinum Level Sponsor
I've followed hundreds of cars on BAT. This is a rare occurrence to have an upfront high bid ($9000 by an associate Kashmir1n). Appears to be a dealer strategy with a no reserve auction. This is a classic flipper, which I don't mind if they are straight forward.