1. Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Dismiss Notice

Nice 1953 Sunbeam Mark I Alpine Roadster For Sale

Discussion in 'Alpine Cars and Parts For Sale' started by tylerite3124, Aug 30, 2021.

1. tylerite3124

tylerite3124 Platinum Level Sponsor

2. Barry

Barry Platinum Level Sponsor

The asking price is a little above my pay grade, but ... that thing is gorgeous!

3. tylerite3124

tylerite3124 Platinum Level Sponsor

Hey Barry, his ad does say “ or Best Offer”. You never know unless you ask!

Rick

4. jumpinjan

jumpinjan Bronze Level Sponsor

A Chevy S-10 chassis? My offer just dropped.
    Jan

5. loose_electron

loose_electron Gold Level Sponsor

Too pretty to drive. The S10 frame is a bit odd yes.

6. Trojan 75

Trojan 75 Platinum Level Sponsor

Sure caught my eye, as I have a 54 sapphire blue Mark 1. Definitely as restomod as it has a GM V6 with 200hp compared to my 85hp and notice the grill with the wedge shape...just a little too mod for me.

7. Jay Laifman

Jay Laifman Gold Level Sponsor

I had a Mk 3 once - needing full restoration - but very straight and unrusted, ivory/red. I was debating doing it stock or doing something like this. I ended up selling it to some guy from Alaska. I have no idea whatever happened to it, and don't have any contact information for him.

I decided I was more into sports cars than what I felt this car was. These were more "stately" to me. Still, they definitely have great class. Kind of like a Jaguar XK120/140, with an English Rolls attitude grille. This GMV6 car of course changed the grille a little towards the Bentley direction.

I do think though that this is an amazing job for someone who would want one of these cars. All the lines and quality, with drivetrain that works super well. And I like that the pipes are merged for less aggressive V8 sound, which would be a bit incongruous for the car (In my own opinion).