• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Newbie here.

WIFred

Donation Time
Hi, my name is Fred (aka - Bill) and I have a vehicle addiction. Joined the site as I now have the possibility of buying an Alpine or 2. Need help in giving the family a fair price for what they have as I don't think they know exactly what they have or their values, and quite frankly - neither do I. The running one is a 65 and I do not have any other info on it at this time. It is with the deceased fathers friend and I believe he will have first tibs on it but the family was thinking of selling it for $1500. Even without knowing anything about it - I feel if it's worth more than $1500 as the family says it's a running and road worthy Alpine. I told her I would pay that and take the scolding from the wife.

The second one, which I was offered, is a Sunbeam Alpine Series V 1725 ( they either mis-spoke or thought it was a Triumph as he also has on old MK3). Serial number of the green Alpine is B395006775. Serial number tells that it is a series V with a 1725 engine and was built during the week of 5/23 - 5/27 1966 as per this sites Tech info. Awesome help by the way - Thank you!! I did not find any other data plate and I did not look in depth as I didn't know where to look and the family was not present. It is missing parts from the engine bay - radiator and both of the carburetors at a minimum. Pics attached.

I may be way off base but I feel the care is worth at least $2000 if it will roll and the under carriage is solid - this is still unknown. Any input on value as is without knowing about undercarriage and if it rolls would be appreciated. What should be checked/inspected and how is price effected.

Bottom - line, any and all constructive info and value.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_7575.jpg
    IMG_7575.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_7576.jpg
    IMG_7576.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_7577.jpg
    IMG_7577.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_7578.jpg
    IMG_7578.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_7579.jpg
    IMG_7579.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_7580.jpg
    IMG_7580.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_7581.jpg
    IMG_7581.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_7582.jpg
    IMG_7582.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_7583.jpg
    IMG_7583.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_7584.jpg
    IMG_7584.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 27

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
WHat you have shown does not lend much for evaluating the Alpine.

The undercarriage is probably more important than the engine bay.

Floor pans and trunk area (total area) need exploring.

The frame underneath will tell a lot about the worthiness.

GET Plenty of Pictures in detail of all over the Alpine..... Sa commonly stated a picture is worth a thousand

RootesRooter

Donation Time
Unibody, but with an "X-frame" to keep the body rigid.

Most of the body looks OK, but the driver's side rocker looks iffy. Is that dirt or rust?