• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

New to Forum - Derelict Alpines in Land O' Lakes, FL

Pete S.

Bronze Level Sponsor
I'm new to the forum, in the Tiger side but on a recent trip to Land O' Lakes I found a run down British car place called "Sparrow Automotive". The place looked abandoned, and a weathered sign dated a year ago on the door said they are moving.

In the yard in the back I spotted these two Alpines, slightly past their prime. I don't know if there are any salvageable parts on them.

Attachments

• 20190922_161859.jpg
    20190922_161859.jpg
    299.1 KB · Views: 75
  • 20190922_161921.jpg
    20190922_161921.jpg
    335.9 KB · Views: 72
  • 20190922_162039.jpg
    20190922_162039.jpg
    268 KB · Views: 72

Pete S.

Bronze Level Sponsor
Any ideas what the squarish hardtop might be?
Bill
Hey Bill, I think it is made of fiberglass - perhaps an aftermarket top for a MGB. There is a similar hardtop on a MGB in this other shot of the yard.

Attachments

• 20190922_162153.jpg
    20190922_162153.jpg
    455.6 KB · Views: 33

ALC 68A

Donation Time
Hey Bill, I think it is made of fiberglass - perhaps an aftermarket top for a MGB. There is a similar hardtop on a MGB in this other shot of the yard.
As well as the MGB roadster with the hard top, I can see three other roadsters and two GTs. There is also the bonnet from a Triumph Herald on top of the carcase of an early Spitfire. I think the nose of the blue car peeking out from the bushes on the right is a TR6. Unfortunately, none of them look saveable.

Pete S.

Bronze Level Sponsor
As well as the MGB roadster with the hard top, I can see three other roadsters and two GTs. There is also the bonnet from a Triumph Herald on top of the carcase of an early Spitfire. I think the nose of the blue car peeking out from the bushes on the right is a TR6. Unfortunately, none of them look saveable.
The climate in Central Florida is really hard on unprotected metal. Those cars are in the process of returning the earth they came from!

alpine_64

Donation Time
The yellow car is a series II by the kink in the windcsreen base, its hardtop will be ok.being alloy.

The other is a SV .. The top on it might be for the alpine... It looks like an astro hardtop, they made 3 types for sunbeams and one like that was made.. They built a very similar one for mg midgets so it cpild be either

Pete S.

Bronze Level Sponsor
The yellow car is a series II by the kink in the windcsreen base, its hardtop will be ok.being alloy.

The other is a SV .. The top on it might be for the alpine... It looks like an astro hardtop, they made 3 types for sunbeams and one like that was made.. They built a very similar one for mg midgets so it cpild be either
Awesome! Thanks!