• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

New Owner

Baxterta

Donation Time
I am a relatively new owner of a Series III and Series IV (and a ton of spare parts) in the Cincinnati suburbs. I am interested in getting to know some local Sunbeam owners to share info and maybe some parts (when I figure out what I do not need). What is the best venue to network with the local Alpine folks?

Last edited:

65beam

Donation Time
new

Where in the Cinci area are you located ? I know of owners in the Loveland / Milford area as well as Tiger owners on the north side of town. There are a few in the Dayton area but not much goes on except for a couple Brit shows. If you need reliable work done or maybe find a source for parts , call Doug Jennings in Dayton. 937-252-3317. He and his son are the best around.

Baxterta

Donation Time
I'm actually in Loveland too. Im still doing inventory of parts to see what I have versus what I need. I'm fairly competent with most things mechanical but a good ear to bounce off the particulars is always welcome. This forum helped tremendously in rebuilding the steering gear box.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Rebuilding the steering gear box....

If you just went through that procedure, I'd be interested in learning any thing you have to share.

I have taken a few boxes apart and put back together and so far so good.

Any PIC's or documents to share please send to my E-mail acct by clicking on my name above and send instead of a PM an E-mail.

Thanks,

DanR

Baxterta

Donation Time
Hi Dan,
The best tip I found (which was immensely helpful) was freezing the bearings in grease before installing the worm gear. I can't imagine doing it without that tip. Having everything loosely in place allowed things to line up much better that having the box mounted firmly on the car. I did t think to take pictures during the process, that only occurred to me after it was all back together. The next bit of fun will be getting the piston calipers out. 2 came out without incident but the other two refuse to move.