• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Pete S.

Bronze Level Sponsor
Hello, I wanted to introduce myself as while I am not new to Sunbeams, I am new to this list.

My father owned a 1963 S3 Alpine in the 1960's and in 1970 sold it to buy a 1964 Tiger, which I bought from him in 1984. From 1999 to 2004 I undertook a complete restoration. I also restore - part time - vintage British and BMW motorcycles.

I'm looking forward to interacting with the owners in this forum.

ps

DSC_0094.JPG DSC_0095.JPG

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Certainly welcome Pete, and nice that you brought along that beautiful Tiger too:)

Hope you enjoy the SAOCA Sunbeam Support Group.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Be interested to see how the telescoping function was kept with your Nardi wheel. My code one Tiger came with a red interior as well. I prefer the red but it has a black one I gotta wear out first ;)

There are other Sunbeam Support groups, CAT, STOC in the UK , have forums STOA in SF bay area and others.

Air head..... the BMW's are cool. A pal has my old K75S that I got in a deal but was too chicken to fix and ride. He did and will be selling on after a dormant period but that's in AZ.
I just got a 3 owner car with 95,500 miles despite the bashing press the cars are very durable, but a challenge to maintain. Where do I get that bumper sticker on a flat sheet magnet... "Rootes group making mechanics out of ordinary people."

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Heard tell there was a no wrench option but have not seen it in person . Stock wheel has become a 1400 dollar item in new condition or more considering the new repop guys are making the stock looking wheel thicker. I don't like mine so much on the autocross and don't want to mess it up by man handling it.

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
I have a '74 BMW R90/6
I rode a '74 R90/6 to work every day for years! What a great bike. Definitely one I regret
selling, mainly because my wife doesn't want me riding anymore. Miss that bike!
Cheers!
Steve

Gordon Holsinger

Diamond Level Sponsor
Be interested to see how the telescoping function was kept with your Nardi wheel. My code one Tiger came with a red interior as well. I prefer the red but it has a black one I gotta wear out first ;)

There are other Sunbeam Support groups, CAT, STOC in the UK , have forums STOA in SF bay area and others.

Air head..... the BMW's are cool. A pal has my old K75S that I got in a deal but was too chicken to fix and ride. He did and will be selling on after a dormant period but that's in AZ.
I just got a 3 owner car with 95,500 miles despite the bashing press the cars are very durable, but a challenge to maintain. Where do I get that bumper sticker on a flat sheet magnet... "Rootes group making mechanics out of ordinary people."
I too would like the sticker making mechanics of ordinary people

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
What I really loved about the '74 were the aluminum turn signals and the old style switch gear.
That and the fact that it had a kicker as well as electric start. I used to have great fun kick starting that
as people didn't think it would be possible. It has such a heavy flywheel that it doesn't take too much
inertia to start it , usually one kick!

Mine was the spitting image of yours, although in cafe spirit, I put lower bars and bar ends on it.

Now if I can just convince my wife...............

Cheers!
Steve