• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

New Job take two...

Jim E

Donation Time
So we are at it again this time in Louisville KY. Bought a older Crown Vic for a work car and so far so good, darn thing got over 25 MPG. Has some issues like had to fix all the elec windows and the odometer and trip ometer do not work plus the gas gauge is flaky which makes for intersting how much gas do we have talks. Oh only way I have an idea of the MPG is the mapquest miles and number of gallons I put in it.

This one is interesting smaller TVs less equipment to install but it pays more.. go figure.

Next jobs are all in NW IL we are going to freeze...

Well back to paperwork trying to stay on top this one....

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
How many miles do you have on it? I bought one a few years ago for the same reason and it blew the tranny at 50k. Looked it up, they apparently all do!! Local tranny shop fixed it, no more problems. The Crown Vic is the best road car I ever had. It is a "ride" and the mileage is not bad for a car that size.

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
Is it the one with the cable system for the power windows or the regular window motor? Had to replace one on my F-150. Though I had to pull the whole regulator out, but found if you drill out with a 3/4" hole saw the "dimples" in the door where the motor is, you uncover the hidden mounting bolts. Then it's simply unbolt the motor and slide in the new one and bolt it it.

Jim E

Donation Time
Odmeter says 98k but it does not work, bought it from a little old lady.

Windows have the cable lifts which are a failure item and are rivited to the door and the glass so you have to drill them then use bolts. This car the front lifts had been replaced and were good but the motors had issues. There is a gear spacer kit you buy for $8 to fix the motors has three little plastic round pieces to replace the original ones that turn into tiny plastic bits. One of the rear windows needed a cable lift thing so had to drill the rivits and remove the glass to get the lift out.

When I look Crown Vics up after I bought the car... I found it had all the commen problems windows,gas gauge [needs the intank unit replaced, trip and odometer not working need to replace the cluster. Do not want to do either of these last two to get the cluster out you have to drop the column and the tank has to be dropped to fix that problem..

Jim E

Donation Time
This job is going soooo musch smoother than the last one we might even get done early!!!