• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

New guy

Stormbringer

Donation Time
New to the forum here. Bought the $300 car from LaCrosse WI. Always liked the Alpine and Tiger, was looking for a project, so I thought...what the hell?

Well, it's a little rougher than expected, but I think I can handle it. Built a rotisserie and elevated it last Saturday.

Dan
20190928_131444(0).jpg

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Wow! Congratulations and welcome to the SAOCA! It is rough, but worse cars have been brought back to life. I look forward to following your progress and the membership always stands ready to assist!

That is a nice rotisserie. It will certainly make the rust repair easier. Is it tall enough to rotate the car?

absunbeam

Platinum Level Sponsor
Welcome to SAOCA. Have TEAE members and SAOCA members in the area. Can help with parts if needed, Jim's right they are both good clubs and members are always helpful. Glad you got it, was told about it after the United in LaCrosse. I am located South of Milwaukee.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I too built a rotisserie for my Alpine restorations. Found some excellent plans on the internet.

Looks as if yours may be a bit more narrower than mine. I added the short extensions as can be seen in the PIC which added a bit more stability (width). Be careful while rotating the Alpine. Center point can be critical.

Best wishes to you and your Project....

Attachments

• ALpine rotisserrie mount in jack position    DSC01363.JPG
    ALpine rotisserrie mount in jack position DSC01363.JPG
    264.1 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC01352.JPG
    DSC01352.JPG
    520.3 KB · Views: 27

Stormbringer

Donation Time
Thanks for the replies Gents.
Yes the car can be rotated 360 degrees. It is in the lowest position in the pic, it can be raised another 18".
No worries about turning turtle...I've dealt with that before on a race car build some years ago. I keep things under control with a chain hoist when rotating.
I've got the LH outer and inner rocker removed now and am working on repairs in the drivers kick panel area. Contemplating removing the front fender but that looks like an awful lot of work just to gain access to a couple spots.
Dan