1. Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Dismiss Notice

need sv clutch kit

Discussion in 'Alpine Cars and Parts Wanted' started by Ashfried, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Ashfried

Ashfried Silver Level Sponsor

Looking for:
    1. clutch pressure plate
    2. clutch disk (25 spline)
    3. release bearing

this is for a 1966 series 5 #B395001227 LRX

note: finding the disk and bearing is not much of a problem, but having trouble finding the correct pressure plate. If you know the correct part number... that would be useful

Thanks,

Ash

2. hartmandm

hartmandm Moderator Platinum Level Sponsor

Are you sure about the 25 spline shaft? That was introduced much later in the Series V production than your car.

mikefuller2 recently purchased a 7.5 inch pressure plate from the UK. Check this thread (http://www.sunbeamalpine.org/forum/showthread.php?t=23135) and send him a PM.

Mike

3. Ashfried

you are right!

I think you are correct about not needing the 25 spline. I checked the engine number and it looks like I am a just under the cut off to need that. So i am on the hunt for the correct parts. I emailed mike fuller to get his contact for the parts.

Thanks, it looks like you saved me from ordering the wrong parts!

Ash

4. George Coleman

George Coleman Gold Level Sponsor

7 1/2 clutch stuff is hard to find as well, if thats the case I would go the early Alpine clutch setup for sure. :cool:

5. Green67Alpine

Green67Alpine Former SAOCA Membership Director Gold Level Sponsor

Or you can send your old one off for a re-build, that's what I just did. Finding the 7.5 inch pressure plate was not quite impossible but I didn't find one.:(
    Tom j

6. Ashfried

I got lucky. A guy in my area, John Green,came by this morning located a rebuilt pressure plate for me and an in box disk. Ordered the rest of the parts from sunbeam specialties. If all goes well, I will up and running next week.... Fingers crossed

7. Green67Alpine

Green67Alpine Former SAOCA Membership Director Gold Level Sponsor

Wow you are lucky, but if someone has the parts it would be the legendary John Green
    Good luck with your rebuild.
    Tom j

8. Mikeflbmer

Mikeflbmer Bronze Level Sponsor

25 spline clutch disc

I have several new 25 spline clutch disc if anybody needs one...located in Florida

9. Ashfried

I found all the clutch parts

It was a hunt, but found all the late S4 early S5 clutch 7 1/2" 10 spline parts, and I will be back on the road in the next few days. I am going to have the original parts rebuilt so I will always have a back up clutch, since they are so hard to find.

Thanks for everyones help! :D

Ash

10. hartmandm

Ash,

What was the root cause issue for the clutch no longer working? Pressure plate?

Mike

11. Ashfried

Root Cause

Mike

It was the pressure plate.... Worn to the bone, along with the throw out bearing. The clutch disk had a good amount of wear, but changed it anyway. The rubber boot was good, dont know why, and the hydrolics were all good.

Car is shifting great, but I do have to get use to the feel of the new clutch. I am a little sensative about riding the clutch, it is not something I do, but the PVO must have.

All I need now is a sunny day.

Ash

12. hartmandm

A guy in LA wishing for better weather? :)

Mike

13. Ashfried

It doesn't rain much here, and rain is great, but not on the day I get my Alpine back!... It will be 85 and sunny by Monday and I am taking the mointian roads to the beach!!!!!!