• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Need a Virginia Alpine mechanic

mamoose124

Gold Level Sponsor
O.K. guys, I need your help. I purchased my 1962 Sunbeam Alpine Series II in July. Had it shipped to San Diego to Smitty's garage within a few days after purchase. Loren Smith, owner of Smitty's, has had the car for over five months. He has repeatedly indicated that he would " . . . have the car done soon." I visited my daughter in San Diego over Christmas, visited Smitty's shop. He has not don a lick of work on the car in all that time. I am now between a rock and a hard place. I need to get the car fixed. It is a driver, but needs a rear end (could be a wheel bearing) and clutch hydraulics. We think the overdrive transmission is fine but we need the clutch fixed so we can find out. I desperately need an Alpine mechanic somewhere here in Virginia that can and will do the work. I have cash. In that regard, it is easy money! So, if any of you know of a good mechanic I can contact, please give me a holler. I can ship the car to Virginia anytime. Please PM me. Thanks for any help you can provide:mad:

Mike Youngblood

Last edited:

mamoose124

Gold Level Sponsor
Thanks ,Junkman, for the suggestion. As it happens, I called Bill last Saturday. He told me about Gassman Automotive in Wanyseboro, VA. I called Mike Gassman, proprietor, regarding my car and he has agreed to do the work. So, I am having my Series II shipped home to Virginia. As soon as it arrives, I will take it to Gassman's Automotive. Again, thanks for your help.