• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Nearly complete 1725 engine

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
I'm trying to reclaim one of my storage garages and have an engine to give away to the first taker. The stamping indicates it's a 1725 from a long-gone Hillman Minx VI. I've had it so long I don't know its condition or even where I got it. Here's what I can tell you:

Nearly complete less the alternator, fan and distributor cap. Neither the water pump nor crank turn by hand but the Zenith linkage and butterfly move easily. A stud in the exhaust manifold is broken off. All freeze plugs present and there appear to be no holes or cracks in the block. It's been stored inside one of my garages for umteen years so it's not a rusty lump.

I'll supply the hoist, eyelet and bracket to load it, but they'll all be staying with me. That said, if you want to bring your own chain & bracket that may be a good idea. I'm in Harrisburg PA, about 1 1/2 hours north of Baltimore.

First guy who shows will get it for free, tho a 4-pk of a decent DIPA wouldn't be declined. Sorry, no shipping!

Rgds, Mark ..... volvoguys

DSCN1163.JPG
DSCN1164.JPG
DSCN1165.JPG
DSCN1166.JPG
DSCN1162.JPG

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Nice of you to offer that Mark!
At the Invasion we had two tables full of free parts that folks brought to the event-the first time we had done that. Some good stuff there too-wish I had taken a few photos to share....

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks Eric,

Steve Shuttleton is coming to Harrisburg in the next month and we're going to cut the X-frame out of a SIV for a project he has. He said if somebody doesn't grab it (hard to believe since it's a 1725), he may.

Cheers, Mark ..... v