• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Mystery part on Series II

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
I found this on the firewall behind the clutch pedal, it will hold the clutch peddle in the depress position. Is this stock?, it looks like it has always been there.
RIMG0003-L.jpg

Gary T

Gold Level Sponsor
Mystery Part Series II

Yes that is a stock part and I have it on my Series II. Not sure when you would use it, but it does hold down the clutch pedal.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Was for if the car goes into long term store, so that the clutch doesn't bind itself to the flywheel over long periods of inactivity

Bikesandfires

Donation Time
My SV doesn't have that... either discontinued, or PO removed... My first guess was a secondary safety to hold the pedal down while hand cranking.