• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

My fix for clutch and brake Pedal slop.

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
I have been working on my clutch and brake Pedals to get rid of the slop, this is what I came up with. I machined some side bushings out of stainless steel to install a 5/8" x 1.5"shoulder bolt. The side bushings are pressed in and plug welded and then powder coated. I just need to machine a 3/4"OD x 5/8" IO bushing for the pedal.
Image%20%283%29-XL.jpg

Image%20%282%29-XL.jpg

Image%20%2812%29-XL.jpg

Image%20%2814%29-XL.jpg

Image%20%2813%29-XL.jpg

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
John when I first read the title of your post I thought it was brake pedal "stop"....

As usual you are design perfect.

spmdr

Diamond Level Sponsor
What? no Needle bearings? :D

You know how those Machinists are, they make a hammer to .0001 tolerances.....

( he says with envy)

DW

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
Needle bearings were plan A, but the smallest one I could find was 1" OD x 5/8" bore and there is not enough meat on the end of the pedal to bore it out to 1".

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
Maybe I’m missing something here. But how do you get the head of the bolt into the slot you have on the side?

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Mike I believe the "head" is cut flat to match the added piece John had welded as a keeper to stop the bolt from turning. My opinion

spmdr

Diamond Level Sponsor
I think I would give a look at the needle roller bearings harvested from a U-joint or something similar.

DW

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
Mike I believe the "head" is cut flat to match the added piece John had welded as a keeper to stop the bolt from turning. My opinion
That is what I first thought, but the more I studied the photo, the more it looked “tucked in” behind the keeper.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I agree it sure "looked that-away" when I first saw it. Then I went back to where toyanvil was welding....

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
Up-date, I found some Needle bearings that worked perfect and machined the pedal so they will press in. All powder coated and ready to go in the car.
IMG_5510-XL.jpg

IMG_5524-XL.jpg