• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Motorola 500T Radio

bkasl

Bronze Level Sponsor
Would like to add a brighter interior bulb for this original radio, preferably led, any owners with like radio have information on this for 61 S2?

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
What is the lamp number that you have now? On my Motorola service manual for the 320T/520T uses the #1898 lamp.
I would think the 500T would be similar.
(#1898 Miniature Bulb Ba9S Base - 14 Volt 0.29 Amp 3.36 Watt T3-1/4 Miniature Bayonet (BA9S) Base)
Jan
(For a 3.4W miniature lamp, thats pretty bright)

bkasl

Bronze Level Sponsor
I dont have radio open but I wouldnt say the bulb inside now is "bright", in fact hardly noticeable. I added led cool white bulbs to the instruments and now this really stands out dull