• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Motor id

Larry w

Gold Level Sponsor
I'm trying to find out what motor I have in my 60 Alpine the number is B0005787 and under that number is H. LSX

After the B should be a 9. B90 is a series 1 engine 1500cc. If original to the car the engine number will match the chassis number.

The "character" following the "B" appears to have been altered ever so slightly!!

Perhaps you can get a better picture (better detail) of the "character"

I cleaned it up best I could,

Larry,

As Steve says, it's either a Minx series IIIA DeLuxe or Minx series IIIA Special. Both would be a 1500 engine.

The DeLuxe serial begins B10... while the Special begins B00...

I guess it's up to you to decide if that "1" was the second strike or the "0." The engines are the same, the trims are different.

H is High Compression: 8.0:1 with an iron head.

L is left hand drive.

S is Saloon

X is non-standard (usually sealed beam headlights for export)

Your second engine w/o a stamped number is almost certainly a dealer replacement engine.

1719285178616.png

Hope this helps,

Your second engine w/o a stamped number is almost certainly a dealer replacement engine.
I agree that the assetment of an engine with out a stamped number...... I have an engine w/o stamped number that came with my early Series IV GT BW35 Alpine.

Back