• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Moss acquires VB's inventory

Alpaholic

Donation Time
Here we are in June 2021 and still no real info from Moss Motors relating to the Sunbeam inventory it acquired in the acquisition of Victoria British.
I sent this email using my dealer account access.

My Question: When searching for "Sunbeam" here I get several parts that may be common to MG & others but they do not specifically state any crossover compatibility. It has been months since Moss announced (and shut down VB site) that it acquired Victoria British but still no Sunbeam inventory integration here. When will the inventory of Sunbeam parts and accessories from Moss's acquisition of Victoria British be available?

Moss Response: Unfortunately, we do not know at this time. I wish I could give you a more solid answer, however everything is still relatively new and we are still in the process of working things out. Pretty much all of the info we have at this time is on our moss motors website under the victoria british+ moss motors article.
Best regards

Prior info: Just before Moss acquired and shutdown the Victoria British website I had placed an order with VB but did not get a confirmation or shipping/billing email confirmation from them. My attempted to visit VB's website lead to Moss Motors stating their acquisition of VB. A call to Moss informed me that they had no knowledge of VB's orders, would not be honoring any and would not be accepting any orders for Sunbeam anything. Pressed as to if & when Sunbeam Parts would be available all he said was "Not a clue".

Having been in the automotive business for decades I have experienced parts manufacturer & supplier indifference to end users ability to get parts. I've had my share of "fat cat" company reps who come in and pull parts out of my inventory heading them all to their dumpster. Why? Because their company bean counter used a tax loophole to write those parts off for a profit.
I sincerely hope that Moss Motors is not doing that but rather is working on integrating VB's inventory and supply chain into their business model/plan.
I temper all that due to knowing that Sunbeam parts are not fast movers and that Moss could have, at anytime since day one, just began sourcing & selling Sunbeam parts IF they wanted to.
I hope I'm wrong but I think the dumpster(s) at the former VB have long ago been filled with parts now forever gone.
My .02

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
I did not get a good feeling the last time I emailed Moss Motors about future Sunbeam parts sales. I feel they bought VB for the inventory of other little British car parts and have no intention of selling Sunbeam to the public. It may be possible they are going to dump all the Sunbeam inventory to one of the remaining Sunbeam suppliers.

Alpaholic

Donation Time
I did not get a good feeling the last time I emailed Moss Motors about future Sunbeam parts sales. I feel they bought VB for the inventory of other little British car parts and have no intention of selling Sunbeam to the public. It may be possible they are going to dump all the Sunbeam inventory to one of the remaining Sunbeam suppliers.

I agree, if Moss is not going to sell VB's Sunbeam inventory than offering it up to Sunbeam Specialties or whoever is better than a tax write-off and dumpster.
That said when the tax write-off brings more than a sale would a crystal ball is not needed to tell that future outcome.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Has anyone called the former VB (the Ford truck parts sellers) to ask what happened to the actual inventory? It may still be siting there.

Alpaholic

Donation Time
Has anyone called the former VB (the Ford truck parts sellers) to ask what happened to the actual inventory? It may still be siting there.
I did call LMC / Long Motors this past January to inquire as to when they have some out of stock Chevy pickup sheet metal & patch panels back in stock.
I brought up the British/Sunbeam parts sale to Moss in passing and got a chuckled reply about finally clearing out the cobwebs. I left it at that.
Still it might not be a bad idea to give them a call. Maybe Moss cherry picked what they wanted and left the rest behind?

rixter

Gold Level Sponsor
I wrote to them the other day asking what is going on. Here was the response I received today..... which leaves us where we were in November 2020.

I've asked for any update on the Sunbeam parts, and I'll let you know when I hear something. Take care.