• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Mk-II side stripe,vinyl tape? Any availability?

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
Well, I'm not using black electrical tape...LoL! I'm sure there's none available, and I suppose I'll have a sign shop make them. Any comments?
Jan

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
Hi Jan.
If you don’t want to use the stainless trim available at SS or Classic Sunbeam, try googling plastic chrome trim. It comes in rolls of different lengths and widths with self adhesive backing.
Rick

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
Well, I'm not using black electrical tape...LoL! I'm sure there's none available, and I suppose I'll have a sign shop make them. Any comments?
Jan

Jan,

Maybe one of the companies doing vinyl "wraps" for cars would work.

Just a thought,

alpine_64

Donation Time
Hi Jan.
If you don’t want to use the stainless trim available at SS or Classic Sunbeam, try googling plastic chrome trim. It comes in rolls of different lengths and widths with self adhesive backing.
Rick
Rick, jan is talking mkii they didnt use the stainless trim down the body side.. They had stainless arch and sill trims and a white vynil strip with 2 black stripes

alpine_64

Donation Time
Jan
Jan, about 1.5 years ago some guys had some made up with 3m material iirc.

Ill try and dig up the details for you

ernestovumbles

Gold Level Sponsor
For my MINI Cooper, I did standard ebay type stripes the first time, and then did more expensive 3M stripes the second time 7 years later..

To me, it is worth a little more for the better stuff.. It is heavier duty, has lasted longer and went on nicer as well.

I sent details of exactly what I wanted to todd@toddsmods.com and he cut up/shipped what I needed.
He is based in Kansas, and does not always respond quickly to email, but did a nice job.

4734258176_8a6103dde5_b.jpg

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
I made up the stripes (40" length x 5each) in-house (I don't trust any vendors anymore, I learn to do it myself), and its looking pretty good. A lot of bad advice on the internet, but I figured it out myself. I'll try to include some pics, if you're interested.
Jan

absunbeam

Platinum Level Sponsor
He has, built a new home and got out of Calif. thing the business survived. Will find out @Suni.

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
That's because the Tiger has been apart for 20 years and that is TOO long!!!...LoL!
I have been invited to the Dayton Concours d’Elegance (here in Dayton Ohio)...but that's in about two weeks!!!
Jan (working like a dog to finish the Tiger)