• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Missed it by that much ................. and then some

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
I knew the builder/owner had stated he needed to sell due to relocating for employment reasons, but when the car wasn't listed for the auction I stopped checking. Just checked and found it had sold on BaT. New owner should be able to enjoy this Minx.

todd reid

Gold Level Sponsor
That is one cool Minx - the workmanship looks 1st class! But for $52K you could buy a lot of other things....

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
Todd,

It IS a cool Minx. I can also say that it is done so well that it appears, at first glance, that it is not really modified very much from stock.

If you have time, you should go through his build thread. I think you'd be surprised at the extent of some of the mods and details involved.

The one thing I was surprised about the most is the lack of comments about how a modified four cylinder Minx sedan was able to draw so much more in bidding than an Alpine to this point. Another point to consider is it seems the Minx may have sold to a commercial racing firm, or someone closely related to that firm, and only located one state away from the builder.

Just a thought,