• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

MG Rally 04/18/2009

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
I have made note that the local MG club allows my Sunbeam and one Morgan to tag along with the club since we don’t have enough or our own kind to have a local club. Amazing they have 60 members and when we have an activity the same 25 people usually show up.
So I had agreed to call and on our rally have the Corp of Engineers leave the gate unlocked so we could view the Healing Stone. On getting up at 7:30am it was raining so I went back to bed, woke up about 10am that is when the MG club was meeting at Braum’s 50 minutes away from my home. At 10am it was not raining at my home so I woke up Jim and said wonder if they called off the rally? At 10:40am they are calling my cell phone, “Hey Donna is the gate open and we are already at Tallchief Coveâ€. So we hustle and meet the 5 MG’s one Honda at the healing stone just 5 minutes from our home and join in the rally. Now the weather was overcast misty and occasionally light rain, and us in Vicki the Alpine GT no hard top open car. I don’t know how we did it but we traveled with the MG Rally and made it to our lunch designation, had lunch, aka breakfast for us and then on to the town of Sand Springs for the Herb Festival and back home and through it all got damp but never trenched. The strangest thing is turning on you wipers so you can see yet not really getting wet in the car. Good thing we were on back roads no stop signs and could drive the speeds that made it pleasant and no cars spraying road slob on us. I swore I would NEVER be foolish enough to drive is such ominous weather but well I guess you really only live once and we did have lots of fun! On returning to our warm dry garage at 3:10pm the heavens opened up at 4:15 and it poured so Na Na we are dry.

Donna
:D