• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Membership?

oldflotsam

Donation Time
I know membership will be discussed soon, but I can hardly wait to send money to someone. A board like this can't be free.

Wayne

PaulK

Gold Level Sponsor
That discussion is in the works, but you will be supprised how little it will cost every one. As it stands now it will be less than it has been in the past.

Glad yo are enjoying it. :)

Paul :)

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Anyone mind paying the same amount, and the club being able
to do more with it?

Ken

Not I. In fact, I think it would be good to have a cushion, say $500 to give to whoever hosts the Invasion. If the Invasion makes money, it all goes back to the SAOCA. If the Invasion loses money, it comes out of the upfront money.

But maybe that's just the tax and spend liberal in me.

Bill

napa 1

Donation Time
to do more with it?

Ken

I second this. I feel that we should be sure to set the fee at a place where the club is not limited by lack of operating funds. The membership applications for many of the other clubs and organizations that I or my children belong to, have a membership fee and then a spot for members to make a contribution to the "operating" fund. Members who made contributions are then listed in a future newsletter.

tfctpa

Donation Time
Membership

to do more with it?

Ken

I personally have no problem paying the same amount, this board
is a invaluable resource to me. Being a first time Alpine owner, the
knowledge shared by all those who've lived, loved and I'm sure cursed
these works of art, is surely appreciated.

Lester

Donation Time
Yes. Whom do we pay, and how much? I'd love to join! While we we're on it, where can I get a club window sticker??
-Lester

AlpineII

Donation Time
I have no issues in keeping the annual amount the same (I already sent in my annual dues last month) even if the cost of maintain this wesbite is low. Time to start building up a bank account so the funds will be available when we need them.:)

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
I need to hear from more of you on this because our thought going into 2007 was to drop it down to $10 to cover costs of maintaining the website and that's about it.

If a majority of you would truly continue to pay $30 annually we could dream big and start doing things again like club window stickers and other regalia, not to mention spend a little more on the Invasions.

FEEDBACK PLEASE! :)

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
I vote aye.
Where should I send my $30?
Maybe it should be a "survey" like the last forum...

Ken
But then, you already knew what I think...

S

Steve Kirk

I have no problem with $30.00 but would happily go with the majority decision. maybe we could set up an inline poll.

Scott,
My apologies for not calling you I will definatly call next week

Steve

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
membership

I'm in. Since I moved I haven't gotten a mailed Newsletter (actually I didn't get some of the ones I was supposed to) or a renewal notice, so I'm sure I'm not current. So I need to know where to send a check.

If it would reduce the expense and workload, and then make window stickers and licence frames a possibility (My other car is a... Never Mind) (My other car isn't as cool as this one) I'm in.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I have no problem with $30.00 but would happily go with the majority decision. maybe we could set up an inline poll.
We don't need to do a poll. Its a little long in the tooth by now, but I have this information from the survey we did last year. I was saving it for the final 'chapter' in my write-up, but we asked: "Implementing some of the club enhancements that come out of this survey may require an increase in the annual club dues. How much more would you be willing to pay for SAOCA membership? "

Fewer than 10% of the members didn't want to pay any more than $30. More than half were willing to pay $10-20 more! So, while we didn't ask about dues in the $10-$30 range, I think it is safe to say that the vast majority of members would support keeping them at $30.

A

AlpineIan

Jim,

That's good to hear. I think the officers need to discuss the clubs needs for money and make a decision on an annual amount.

I have taken over hosting the web site and the cost is 19.95 per month for the service. There is an additional 12.00 per year for saoca.org and sunbeamalpine.org domain names. We also pay just over 500.00 per year for insurance.

I was talking to Paul Krog about picking up with a monthly feature like I used to to back in the day as a replacement for the newsletter... This would be a HUGE cost savings by not paying printing and mailing costs (1200.00 per quarter).

At the moment I can't think of any other costs other than Invasion.

That comes to about 750.00 per year in expenses just to keep it running. As a non-profit orginization we can't really bank large amounts of money, so any extra money collected from dues needs to be spent back on the club on an annual basis.

This forum generates roughly 500 uniques user names and you must figure that 150 of them remain active. If at least 150 people paid 30.00 per year we would collect 4500.00 and have 3750.00 left over to play with. We could throw one heck of an Invasion with that extra dough! :D Imagine if 500 people were to contribute... wow.

napa 1

Donation Time
If a majority of you would truly continue to pay $30 annually we could dream big and start doing things again like club window stickers and other regalia,QUOTE]

I don't know about you guys, but my project won't be completely finished until I'm sporting a SAOCA sticker on my front windshield! I'm all for regalia! and I'm willing to help with this.
also,
Could extra club funds be used to help produce some of the parts that we've been discussing, such as the Bonnet Flash (still want one badly) and the series one switch labels?

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
Just a sidenote... I think I saw someone doing switch labels somewhere?
Might be an "old board" research project when/if it comes back as an archive.

Ken

62 Canuck

Membership

$30.00 is certainly not too much. This forum is worth all of that! Please post an address that I can send my cheque to.

C

clodico

dues

I think I paid some dues a while back to one of the officers (in highlands ranch). I have never received a reply or a news letter. Is the club still doing those things? wasnt there a section on the old board with the newsletter posted on it? Just curious. I would pay the annual $30. I dont need a hard copy of a news letter but I did like browsing the articles in past issues.