• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Members in Va, NC, SC, Ga, Fla and Ala.

Alpine Addict

Platinum Donor
Platinum Level Sponsor
I recently spoke with Bob Berghult, President of the Greater Atlanta Chapter of the SAOCA, and asked if he would be willing to form a Southeastern Chapter by organizing Va, NC, SC, Fla, Ga and Ala SAOCA members under one larger Regional Chapter. Bob was in agreement and like me believes there would be several advantages in doing so. I told Bob I would conduct a survey to get a sense of the interest of members in those States.

So, if you live in Va, NC, SC, GA, Fla or Ala and believe organizing into a SE Chapter, please either PM me on the Forum or email me at dmichaliga@aol.com. I’ll tally the numbers and post the results and discuss our next move with Bob. I’m reviewing the By-Laws also to form Chapter.

Thanks,
Dennis

Alpine Bob

Donation Time
Dennis,
Any up date on this yet? I will be retiring the last day of Frbruary so I would be able to spend more time on the subject. Give me a call anytime and we can discuss it more.
Bob:D

dmich2

Donation Time
Bob. Although all the responses I received were positive to the idea, I don't think 6 replies would warrant enough interest in combining the areas.

Thanks.

I'll see you in March in Columbia.

Dennis

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
I think most owners in our area are thinking that we already have become so active with our cars and the gatherings that we go to, that we would not benefit from getting more organized. We do an S.O.S. in Columbia each year, we meet at The Gathering in Dobson each year, we meet at Furman University each year for their car show, we meet at Euro each year year. Each of these events we put together an average of ten Sunbeams.
We will discuss this more at the S.O.S. meet in a couple of months. One thing for sure is we are not tapping in to all of the owners in the Atlanta area like I wish we could. There are also a few in our own area that just don't want to come out to play.
Not many car shows have ten Sunbeams in the show and all of the shows around here see that often. We may already be one of the most active Sunbeams groups around. Maybe in the world!! lol Now that's big!

See ya'll in March at Carolina British Classics VI. If you know of an owner that does not come out to play, please give them a call and see if we can get them involved.

CHeers,

Alpine Bob

Donation Time
Sounds good Todd, we will have a good time in Columbia as usual. We will try to bring both cars, we'll see how we are health wise.

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Sounds great Bob! I am keeping my fingers crossed that Kim Barnes can come down from Maryland and bring her Seacrest green Series 3. That woudl be cool to have two Seacrest green cars at the show. Get you son to bring the Series 3 too!!!!

Cheers,