• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Meet the new Board!

Should the current Board continue for another 2 year term, subject to changes outlined below?

• Yes

Votes: 25 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
The same as the old Board!

Well, almost. We weren't exactly overrun with volunteers...as in nobody volunteered. So, the existing Board has agreed to serve another two year term, with one exception: James Montgomery will be unable to continue as Vice President. My proposed solution to the Board was to take advantage of two things. First, our bylaws don't assign much in the way of responsibilities to the Vice President: "The Vice-President shall assist the President in the affairs of the SAOCA and perform such duties as assigned by the President." And, second, Greg Feist's role as Communications & Technical Director is not a position that is contained in our current bylaws. So, Greg and the Board approved my recommendation to appoint Greg as our new Vice President and I am immediately assigning him the sole duty of serving as our Communications & Technical Director. The Board goes back to 5 members and Greg's already voluminous responsibilities will not change.

My first recommendation to our Communications & Technical Director is that we continue to show separate VP and Communications positions on our home page, as I think Greg's dual role is something we should treat as a situational expediency. We will eventually have to find a way to survive without Greg in this role, something the Board will take up at our first meeting in 2020. But, in the meantime, here is how things would look for the next 2 years:

Jim Stone – President: president@sunbeamalpine.org
Greg Feist – Vice President: vicepresident@sunbeamalpine.org
Bruce Davis – Secretary: secretary@sunbeamalpine.org
Dan Richardson – Treasurer: treasurer@sunbeamalpine.org
Eric Gibeaut – Membership Director: membership@sunbeamalpine.org
Greg Feist – Communications & Technical Director: support@sunbeamalpine.org

N
ow, all of this said, the Bylaws also state that Board officers "shall be elected by a General Election". Given the lack of competing candidates, I will add a simple yes/no survey to this post: "Should the current Board continue for another 2 year term, subject to changes outlined below?" Please respond to that survey and, if you have any objections or better ideas, we'd love to hear them!

Thanks,
Jim

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
It is very generous of the board to agree to serve another term. I think you guys are doing a great job!

One thought I had after seeing Greg's summary of the work involved in the annual calendar - should it be a consideration to separate out the calendar duty from the Communications & Technical Director duties? I know that means possibly finding another volunteer to handle that job, which may not be easy.

Mike

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks, guys. The other members are what makes the job doable and some of them do a lot more work than me!

I always said I would volunteer after I retired and since I am still retired, I figured another couple of years would be fine. Still, I don't want to make this a lifetime appointment, so we'll have to try a lot harder to get volunteers in 2022!

Gordon Holsinger

Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks, guys. The other members are what makes the job doable and some of them do a lot more work than me!

I always said I would volunteer after I retired and since I am still retired, I figured another couple of years would be fine. Still, I don't want to make this a lifetime appointment, so we'll have to try a lot harder to get volunteers in 2022!
In

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Having been on the Board 3 terms I know what it takes. Hats off to you guys.

That said new blood is necessary. Hopefully next go round I hope some new members step up.