• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

MaxJax 2-Post Portable Auto Lift?

Ktapply

Donation Time
Any of the members here have experience with this lift? If you have experience with another feel free to share.

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Years ago I researched lifts and found Backyard Buddy to be the best. More expensive but you get what you pay for. Worth every penny when you're standing underneath your car.

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
If you go to the Garage Journal website, there will be endless discussions on this topic. Take several grains of salt with you, and check the posting history of folks prior to accepting their comments as gospel.
(Probably why you're asking here...)

I have a fixed, bolt-down lift, and would recommend a moveable one to most folks, unless they have a huge garage. It's often in the way. Still beats crawling around on the ground, for Alpines and other cars...

Ktapply

Donation Time
If you go to the Garage Journal website, there will be endless discussions on this topic. Take several grains of salt with you, and check the posting history of folks prior to accepting their comments as gospel.
(Probably why you're asking here...)

I have a fixed, bolt-down lift, and would recommend a moveable one to most folks, unless they have a huge garage. It's often in the way. Still beats crawling around on the ground, for Alpines and other cars...

The feature I like the most about this MaxJax 2 lift is that you can remove it and store it out of the way when it's not needed. Also' being a 2 post lift means the uderside of the car is completely exposed. No ramps in the way. No need for a jack, etc... It would be different if I was using the lift for storage, which I am not.

I've got a lot of work to get done under the car and I don't relish the thought of doing it all laying on a creeper. That was all well and good when I was 25. But today at 55 there seems to be a better way.

I read the postings in Garage Journal, Gee whiz... It's a frigging religious war over there when anyone mentions the good or attributes of just about any lift. Makes the discussions here seem so very very. Tame....:)