• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Matching Funds Challenge for Rootes Achieve Trust - Please Read

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Tim, I am not sure if you are aware of a Trust established for the Rootes Vehicles in the UK, If not, I am Dan Richardson, Treasurer for the SAOCA, Our Officers have agreed to make a donation to support the Rootes Archive Trust with a challenger to match our donation!

We are also planning to make it through PayPal as a Gift, that way, we believe there will be no fees taken. Just hoping the exchange rate is favorable toward the Trust.

We are attempting to obtain more donations from individual members who wish to make individual contributions in addition to the funds from our treasury.

The time frame deadline end of May is very important. We are looking forward to the Archive coming to full potential.

READ MORE at: General SAOCA Discussions: Rootes Archive Center

PLEASE MAKE Checks Payable to: SAOCA

Mail to:

Dan Richardson, Treasurer SAOCA
123 Richardson Drive
Greenwood, South Carolina 29649

Tim R

Silver Level Sponsor
IMG_5553.jpg IMG_5547.jpg IMG_5551.jpg IMG_5548.jpg IMG_5559.jpg IMG_5567.jpg IMG_5564.jpg IMG_5565.jpg IMG_5563.jpg IMG_5562.jpg I was one of about 300 people who went to the official opening of the archive centre on Sunday 22nd April (National classic car "Drive -It Day" in the UK). Well over 100 Rootes cars were there as was the current Lord Rootes and various dignitaries. This centre houses all the original engineering drawings, production details, tooling specifications etc. and will ensure that our cars can be looked after into the future. Apart from numerous other advantages instead of having pattern parts copied from originals it will be possible in the future to give the exact original specifications to engineering companies and have 100% correct parts re-made. There is so much information that it will take the volunteers years to catalogue it all.
IMG_5553.jpgIMG_5547.jpgIMG_5551.jpgIMG_5548.jpgIMG_5559.jpgIMG_5567.jpgIMG_5564.jpgIMG_5565.jpgIMG_5563.jpg

Tim R

Silver Level Sponsor
I am not sure if my previous post has come out or not! It is of photographs from the opening of the Rootes Archive Centre on Sunday. Tim R

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I am not sure if my previous post has come out or not! It is of photographs from the opening of the Rootes Archive Centre on Sunday. Tim R
Absolutely Beautiful!!!

Tim, Bless you for being there and being able to provide this wonderful pictures.

We (SAOCA) are attempting to help raise some money for the Trust with a challenge to the "Matching Funds".

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Great pictures, Tim! Thanks for sharing them. I would have loved to have been there.