• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

M1 Tiger gear shifter/lever

alpine_64

Donation Time
Hello - I need a new shifter for my '65 Tiger. Can anyone point me to a supplier? Thank you
You need the shifter mechanism or the actaul shifter handle you shift with or both?
The various Tiger toploader shifters are unique to the cars... No repro.

You can use the aftermarket mustang/cobra/falcon shifters but they place it a further reach away.

I have a spare Tiger shifter. However its in Australia.. So sure you can get one closer.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
I took my spare to storage so I would not be tempted to sell it.
Can think of several STOA guys in your area mostly. Have you looked into the Hurst ?

RobfzTiger

Donation Time
I've looked at the hurts but hoping to find an original shifter. Just need the shifter handle. The reverse lock on mine is broken and apparently can't be fixed. (sent it to Bill Heeley in Olney. GREAT service)

Pete S.

Bronze Level Sponsor
I've looked at the hurts but hoping to find an original shifter. Just need the shifter handle. The reverse lock on mine is broken and apparently can't be fixed. (sent it to Bill Heeley in Olney. GREAT service)

The rod attached to the reverse lockout snapped in my shifter. A local vintage Mustang repair shop showed me how to repair it. He said it was so easy, he felt bad charging money for it. Send me a PM and I can detail what I did.