• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Lower ball joint boots.

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
Ordered a pair of lower ball joint boots off eBay from a fella in Wisconsin. Not only did they arrive days before promised, they fit very well. I have to admit that they are a tiny bit larger than the ones that were on the ball joints, but they fit pretty snug, and once the wire went on they are fantastic. About $15, free shipping.
I see he just posted another pair. Well worth the purchase in my opinion. Just installed it' Great.ball joint rubber.jpg

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
One of the problems has been fit, which it appears these now do. The other problem is the quality of the rubber, in that the newer stuff deteriorates rapidly. I hope that these are long lasting.

Tim R

Silver Level Sponsor
I fitted a set I bought on E Bay and the car stayed in the garage while the restoration was completed. After 12 months the car was finished and I took it for its MOT inspection. The rubber gators that initially looked great had flaked away to nothing! This was without being on the road for even 1 mile! The rubber resembled old dry paper. When I touched it, it just flaked away to nothing. Like with so many other after market parts I would gladly pay a decent price if I was sure I was getting a decent product.

Tim R

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
Well, we'll see, I've installed them yesterday, so only time will tell. Oh, by the way, I have no connection with selling these.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Ive been wondering if silicone grease on these new type rubber compounds might help. It could condition it and keep it supple.

I know many modern rubber parts (now often made in India) use different base compounds. For low volume stuff like ours they probably use lower quality thinking we wont use it often or under stress.