• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Looking for good door handles for series II

Josh

Silver Level Sponsor
Does anyone know of a source for good/nos door handles for a series II. I have two but the chrome is quite pitted.

Scotty

Silver Level Sponsor
WD-40, 400 Grit Sandpaper then fine Steel Wool. Finish with some sort of chrome polish (I forget what I use). You have to work the hell out of it and It may not make them perfect but it'll make them a ton better than they are now.

Last edited:

alpine_64

Donation Time
Ours are outside and pretty badly pitted.... I may try Scotty's suggestion.
Josh the sunbeam suppliers carry repro door handles. Also note the handles were comon to the front exterior door handles of the same period minx, sceptre, Humber, rapier etc... Just make sure you don't get a slightly later year as they have a different dovetail cover over the locks

Scotty

Silver Level Sponsor
Josh the sunbeam suppliers carry repro door handles. Also note the handles were comon to the front exterior door handles of the same period minx, sceptre, Humber, rapier etc... Just make sure you don't get a slightly later year as they have a different dovetail cover over the locks

At $210 a pair + Tax/Shipping, I'd try to save mine if they were that pitted first.

Last edited:

Josh

Silver Level Sponsor
Thanks. I will check with the owner, but I think I will advise him to try to save the somewhat pitted originals.