1. Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for a "Swear By" transmission

Discussion in 'Alpine Cars and Parts Wanted' started by mxp01, Mar 15, 2009.

1. mxp01

mxp01 Donation Time

I'm looking for a "Swear By" (I'd Swear By It) transmission for my SIV. Since replacing a trans is such a great deal of work and my son is on the verge of a mutiny, I'd like to do this once without having to worry about doing it again.

I would very much prefer a synchronized tranny.

Let me know,
    Mike Pennell

2. jumpinjan

jumpinjan Bronze Level Sponsor

Mike,
    I have some series V trans that I could sell. They need rebuilding and I could rebuild one for you.
    Jan

3. mxp01

mxp01 Donation Time

Jan:

Thank you very much for the offer. I currently have a line on a transmission. If for some reason that does not materialize, I will let you know.

Thanks,
    Mike Pennell

4. atallamcs

atallamcs Donation Time

transmission

The Toyota Supra conversion (5 speed) is a bullet proof solution, since it can handle up to 300hp. Very smooth and strong. Will cost you about one third the price of what most alpines are worth.
    Bill

5. Jeff Scoville

Jeff Scoville Donation Time

Bill,
    Is there still a write-up on that conversion available somwhere?
    Thanks.

6. P. Scofield

P. Scofield Bronze Level Sponsor

There's never been a Alpine Tranny I didn't swear by!

F$@!* Bi$#! ;)