• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Looking for a picture of a Series IV GT B-Post

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I am restoring a 1965 Early Series IV GT BW35.

It was headed to the scrap heap about 25 years ago. Many places with lots of rust worms that had been very active. The engine was a "new" replacement SIV but the tranny Borg Warner 35 was gone along with lots of other unique parts only a GT would have installed.

I have managed to rebuilt this rare Alpine by utilizing a rotisserie I found the plans for on the NET.... They are very nice. Very detailed too! If you need a copy please E-mail me.

I have managed to rebuild the interior sheet metal, brackets and such from salvaging pieces from other GTs' whereby I made patterns for the new pieces. Lots of work has gone into this restoration project.

Now I am in need of a picture or pictures of the GT B-post bracket. I believe the GT ones a re different from the ST Alpine because of the GT does not have the soft top frame as the ST comes fitted with the soft top frame assembly.

Any help would be cordially acknowledged :)

Thanks in advance,

alpine_64

Donation Time
Dan the S3/IV and SV had different b-post caps ( sv reprofiled to avoid hitting the door top.) But iirc the s3/iv still used the standard b post crime cap that and the slot where the frame would normally pivot up.

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
The solid-brass GT b-piller mounting bracket for the chrome cap differs from the ST since ST will have the hinged arm to mount the soft top frame whereas the GT will not. They mount to the body the same so if you have decent ST brackets you can use them on a GT (you'll just push the arm down and out of the way).

Now, if originally is important I do have GT-specific brackets. Just PM me.

Mark .…. volvoguys

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
A PIC of the Brackets POSTED here would be nice. Searched the SAOCA Gallery and can not find them.

Seems there is a bit of confusion as to whether the GT has a slot similar to the St or not.

I seem to believe they are not slotted.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Here is a PIC of a Tiger GT ? that just sold. Take a good look in the upper left hand corner and you will see a B-Post Bracket...... it is no different than the ST bracket from what I can tell. It is "slotted" the same as the ST on my St Alpines. Yet I can't believe that Rootes would have gone to the expense they did for the GT and did not design a better piece for their GT Models....?
1964_sunbeam_tiger_15661883188495d565ef61964-Sunbeam-Tiger-GT-123.jpg

phyrman

SAOCA Secretary
Diamond Level Sponsor
They are the same Dan. The heavy bronze piece that the chrome cap screws to is the same but without the arm for the soft top.

BD

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Thank you for that! What I am now interested in seeing is a GT B-post Bracket! I have gone through the Parts Manual. Seen lots of different listings for the GT vs the ST. Can't find the drawings in our Tech Data files.

65beam

Donation Time
Thank you for that! What I am now interested in seeing is a GT B-post Bracket! I have gone through the Parts Manual. Se lots of different listings for the GT vs the ST. Can't find the drawings in our Tech Data files.
Ill take a photo of the ones I have.