• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Lockheed Wheel Cylinder Assembly

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
This wheel cylinder assembly came with some Sunbeam parts I bought. Does anyone know what it fits? Any help in identifying this NOS part will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Rick

IMG_9649.JPG IMG_9650.JPG IMG_9651.JPG IMG_9652.JPG

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
I'll make a guess - remember it's only a guess.

The cylinder pictured appears to be a rear, self adjusting, with hand brake lever unit.

Self adjusting feature would make for a later model usage.

Series Alpines used Girling brakes, Hillman models used Lockheed brakes. I think the other Rootes lines also used Lockheed brakes.

WSM 145 states under the "Lockheed Brakes" description, the rear brakes are "self adjusting".

The Arrow-Hunter range cars all used Lockheed brakes, including the Rapier coupes.

The guess would be the unit in question is possibly for a Series VI Minx or one of the later Arrow-Hunter cars, including coupes.

The possible reality of it being for a MGB or TR7 wouldn't surprise me.

Rick,

Is there a possibility the previous owner had a sV with self adjusting brakes and picked up this unit thinking it might be substituted for a defective Girling unit? Maybe possible wrong part from VB?

Puzzling on,

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
Thanks for listing the possibilities.
Rick
QUOTE="husky drvr, post: 226404, member: 528"]I'll make a guess - remember it's only a guess.

The cylinder pictured appears to be a rear, self adjusting, with hand brake lever unit.

Self adjusting feature would make for a later model usage.

Series Alpines used Girling brakes, Hillman models used Lockheed brakes. I think the other Rootes lines also used Lockheed brakes.

WSM 145 states under the "Lockheed Brakes" description, the rear brakes are "self adjusting".

The Arrow-Hunter range cars all used Lockheed brakes, including the Rapier coupes.

The guess would be the unit in question is possibly for a Series VI Minx or one of the later Arrow-Hunter cars, including coupes.

The possible reality of it being for a MGB or TR7 wouldn't surprise me.

Rick,

Is there a possibility the previous owner had a sV with self adjusting brakes and picked up this unit thinking it might be substituted for a defective Girling unit? Maybe possible wrong part from VB?

Puzzling on,[/QUOTE]